+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can I come back after initial visit

Koishii

Feb 5, 2009
If I visited Canada for 6 months and applied for an extension but was denied for whatever reason, would I be able to leave the country for say a few days, and then come back as a visitor for another six months?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Koishii said:
If I visited Canada for 6 months and applied for an extension but was denied for whatever reason, would I be able to leave the country for say a few days, and then come back as a visitor for another six months?
Make sure that you have a valid reason for coming back so soon.

Koishii

Feb 5, 2009
My reason for both, both for extension and wanting to return would be visiting friends. Do you think that reason would get me an extension in the first place?

Koishii

Feb 5, 2009
If you think it won't fly after only a few days, what do you think would be a reasonable amount of time?

Also this, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t32899.0.html - What Suin said, isn't really true, is it? I have never heard of such a rule.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Koishii said:
If you think it won't fly after only a few days, what do you think would be a reasonable amount of time?

Also this, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t32899.0.html - What Suin said, isn't really true, is it? I have never heard of such a rule.
Hi,

Are you a citizen of the US? Is your reason for extending to be able to eventually apply for spousal sponsorship? I think being honest on your extension application would be better. There have been posts from members who were able to get extensions with "exploring relationship" as their reason, extensions as much as a year. Visiting friends may not "hold water". All the best.

fruittropics

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14 October 2009
File Transfer...
27 October 2009
Passport Req..
16 March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
24 March 2010
LANDED..........
10 April 2010
Hi if you're coming from a country that does not need a visitor visa to visit canada. And your staying does not lead to allowing you to apply for common law sponsorship. As long as you're honest and just visiting the country and have a valid booked return ticket it's ok. I've been in and out of the country several times 6 months each time to visit the country where my then boyfriend lives and now husband and I always have a booked no more than 6 months return ticket. I always say I'm there to visit my boyfriend and establish that I have my online business and freelance work (just to convince them I have income). They just do not wish for people to overstay. Satisfy that you will leave after 6 months (if you're coming from a visa free country) and you are welcome to visit canada as many times!

Koishii

Feb 5, 2009
fruittropics said:
Hi if you're coming from a country that does not need a visitor visa to visit canada. And your staying does not lead to allowing you to apply for common law sponsorship. As long as you're honest and just visiting the country and have a valid booked return ticket it's ok. I've been in and out of the country several times 6 months each time to visit the country where my then boyfriend lives and now husband and I always have a booked no more than 6 months return ticket. I always say I'm there to visit my boyfriend and establish that I have my online business and freelance work (just to convince them I have income). They just do not wish for people to overstay. Satisfy that you will leave after 6 months (if you're coming from a visa free country) and you are welcome to visit canada as many times!
Could you please tell me the approximate time you spent inbetween visits?