File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Passport Req..
28-12-2012
LANDED..........
The day after we receive COPR
Why does CIC even bother with a call center if they can never tell you anything? Every time we call them they can never provide any information. The latest was "Well if Ottawa has your application then they're the only ones that can answer any questions." :eek: REALLY??? You're in the same damn building! Shouldn't they be able to punch your information into the computer and pull up the case notes?

Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening. Sabre out. :D

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
They just give general immigration information.... Few of CIC offices were closed and people need general information should call the call center......
If you go to CIC office in Toronto and want to ask general questions , the officer will tell you to call the call center..... In front of the office door ,they put big sign to remind people to call CIC call center if they want to ask something about their applications.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Sabre said:
Why does CIC even bother with a call center if they can never tell you anything? Every time we call them they can never provide any information. The latest was "Well if Ottawa has your application then they're the only ones that can answer any questions." :eek: REALLY??? You're in the same damn building! Shouldn't they be able to punch your information into the computer and pull up the case notes?

Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening. Sabre out. :D
They honestly know nothing. I've only had one good experience, that was when a person called on behalf of me (I'm hearing impaired) and asked about option C. I called myself once to ask if me getting something from ODSP (Disability) would affect the sponsorship, and got bitched out. And I do mean bitched out as to the tune of "Ma'am you realize you called IMMIGRATION correct? This is not your welfare office" "Oh I know, because I'm not ON welfare. Learn the terms lady" *shakes head*

I'd just e-mail the VO. They sometimes reply.

sariss

Jan 18, 2011
Collingwood Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2012
AOR Received.
August 22, 2012
File Transfer...
August 22, 2012
Med's Done....
April 4, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 10, 2012
LANDED..........
December 12, 2012
I was always under the impression that the call centre was in Toronto? If so they won't know about your application.

Either way - email CPP-O. They will get back to you - they did with us.

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
sariss said:
I was always under the impression that the call centre was in Toronto? If so they won't know about your application.

Either way - email CPP-O. They will get back to you - they did with us.
I called call center and asked them to re-issue me a new copy ofmy aip letter which was sent to the wrong address..they agent got back to me after 10 minutes ofhavingme on hold,saying that aip letters are not beeing maild anymore since he clImed their policy regarding paper letters have been changed...i was like what the hell..i hung up and called again another agent told me sure!!! She said i m making a request to vegreville and you should get your copy in 60 days..my point is that some of those agents are not better than the pizzapizza order takers.....

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
I never got anything worthy from the call center, but I have had a pretty good experience with the immigration officer assigned to me. I had a general number for seattle location and there was an option to punch in a last name of a person i want to speak to, which I knew who it was from the correspondence received from them.

I am not sure, what sort of situation you have and questions you need answered, but if you know the location of your application and the officer who handles your case, then you should be able to get through directly.