+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the longest wait for a study permit you know of? Share it here

Maknagens

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t understand, did you get a refusal or is IRCC still processing your application? Which one? Please, I want to know the worst to expect.
I see. My case has become one of the worst. Ok, to answer your question, I would say neither. Technically, they are still processing it. However, the second CSBA note says that the last time they touched my file was in July 2021. So, it's hard to call "processing." Pay attention though, lots of things depend on the specific visa office. Mine is Warsaw VO, I believe, one of the worst. Even before the war and prioritization of Ukrainian refugees, I had been waitting for 1 year. Now they don't even answer my webforms. The last webform I applied for (at the beginning of February) is still unanswered.

I don't know your situation. However, I can share what I realized. As I said, it all depends on the visa office. Search this forum to find your visa office waiting group. For example, if you find the Warsaw VO theme, you will see it over 600+ pages long, which means it's not okay. Ankara or Rome VOs don't have such groups. That, of course, isn't complete proof that they are normal VOs. You need to go deeper, join their Whats App chat and ask them about the general situation. I myself plan to move to Cyprus to reapply from there since it's not so hard to get temporal residence as long as you have money.

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
I got your reply via email, but I cannot see it here in the thread. The bad news is my application is also processed by Warsaw vo. Russian and nearby Republics are all processed by Warsaw vo. I know it is the worst office. Why don't you try to apply for a mandamus rather than move to Cyprus? It would be cheaper at least and effective as far as I know.

Maknagens

Oct 12, 2021
I got your reply via email, but I cannot see it here in the thread. The bad news is my application is also processed by Warsaw vo. Russian and nearby Republics are all processed by Warsaw vo. I know it is the worst office. Why don't you try to apply for a mandamus rather than move to Cyprus? It would be cheaper at least and effective as far as I know.
I haven't heard about many successful cases with mandamus, though I had checked it a while ago. Do you know approximate price for mandamus?

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
I haven't heard about many successful cases with mandamus, though I had checked it a while ago. Do you know approximate price for mandamus?
The first round is 2000 CAD, and the second round is the same amount. Approximately 4000 CAD.

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
I wonder why all Warsaw applicants can't unite and write a Petition letter requesting results from them. We also should reveal our problems in mass media.

Maknagens

Oct 12, 2021
The first round is 2000 CAD, and the second round is the same amount. Approximately 4000 CAD.
I might try both approaches at the same time. Do you know any specific lawyer of lawyers teams?
As an aggressor country, we have a few moral rights for it. I don't know if the petition can help. I believe members of the Canadian parliament can do something.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I might try both approaches at the same time. Do you know any specific lawyer of lawyers teams?
As an aggressor country, we have a few moral rights for it. I don't know if the petition can help. I believe members of the Canadian parliament can do something.
Where do you live for MPs to help you? MPs help their consituents.

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
It usually does not reach the second round as IRCC is afraid of going public. I do not know anyone personally, but try to connect Abramovich & Tchern, and Will Tao. Pls inform me after you contact them about results.