+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what's the difference between "proof of family member status"and"proof of pr/citizenship of sibling"

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
After the ITA in express entry, what is the difference between "proof of family member status" and "proof of pr/citizenship of sibling"?

If there is only have one sibling being PR/Citizen, the documents for those two items are the same? Thanks

charlink123

Mar 30, 2016
It seems no one else is having these kind of problem. Is it necessary to upload the birth certificate of siblings in both "proof of family member status" and "proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling"?

Does any senior know about this.

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Hi..i want to claim my sibling points for my EE application..
What documents did you upload for point "(10) Proof of Residency in Canada of sibling"

I have a sibling who recently moved to canada a month back and has a bank account in his name without much activity...is his bank acc statement acceptable proof that he stays in canada?

Are officials asking for bank accounts older than 6 months or a bank account opened a month back will suffice?

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi All,
This is my understanding if it helps.
There are two factors which are looked at with claiming points for family member and these are "Proof of relationship with family member" & " Proof of status of the family member in Canada".
So with people claiming points for having family members in Canada, CIC is looking out for documents which satisfy the questions below:
1. What's the relationship between you and the family member?
2. What's your family member's status in Canada and possibly proofs to enable them assess their integration?
By understanding these two questions, I think it is easy to provide documents that answers the questions above.

In my case, I claimed points for having a sister in Canada who has PR, hence for proof of relationship I submitted my passport data page,her passport data page, her birth certificate and my birth certificate both showing our parents names on it. all these were merge into one document.
For proof of status, I submitted scanned copies of the front and back of her PR card, 2 utility bills showing her name and address and I think her lease document for her address showing her name. This documents were also merge into one whole document.
If your family member has a job, they might even provide you with a copy of their payslip or tax refund. I didn't attach one because I think the documents I have provided proves more than enough that we are siblings.
I hope this gives you guys an idea of what is expected.