+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's the cheapest way for me to get a study permit to Canada?

LLiran

Aug 28, 2009
Hey,
I've decided that I want to go and study in Canada as an international student.
I know that I have good grades but I'm pretty tight on money (I have like 15,000$)..
Does anyone know a way I can get a permit with the amount of money I have or is it not possible now and I should work more? What's the minimum amount of money I need to have in order to be able to get a Study Permit?

Thanks!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LLiran said:
Hey,
I've decided that I want to go and study in Canada as an international student.
I know that I have good grades but I'm pretty tight on money (I have like 15,000$)..
Does anyone know a way I can get a permit with the amount of money I have or is it not possible now and I should work more? What's the minimum amount of money I need to have in order to be able to get a Study Permit?

Thanks!
Hi,

1. To prove your financial capacity, you need CAD 10,000 (in case you an Indian national, you need CAD 8,000), thn comes your tuition fees.

I think it's going to be very difficult for you to manage 'financial capacity + tuition fees' with the available fund of $15,000.

2. For your study permit, you need CAD 10,000 + first year of tuition fee.

LLiran

Aug 28, 2009
Thanks for replying!
You sure only 10,000 + tuition fees? What about all the other fees that the school wants you to pay?
And if you can tell me about a cheap college it would be appreciated!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LLiran said:
Thanks for replying!
You sure only 10,000 + tuition fees? What about all the other fees that the school wants you to pay?
And if you can tell me about a cheap college it would be appreciated!

Hi,

1. Yes, at least for your visa purpose CAD 10,000 + first year tuition fee would be enough. Your tuition fee is not the only part of your total academic fees. There are other components as well, like health insurance, fees related to course/facilities etc.

2. There is nothing like cheap college/course. A fee for the same course is almost same all over the Canada. But yes, cost of living makes a huge difference in your total expenses/saving. Provinces like Nova Scotia, PEI, Saskatchewan, NB, Manitoba etc are generally known to be less expensive in terms of overall cost of living. On the other hand places like Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto etc are expensive to live. But of course you cannot ignore the opportunities available in large cities.