+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Whats the best thing to do for me to become a PR if im a low class worker?

Jan 29, 2009
Can anyone help me get the info i need for me to become a PR here in canada? im currently a worker in alberta and i dont wanna leave the country after i finsih my contract until i become a PR here.. is there a way that i can do so that i become a PR and not get sent back home after the contract i have signed? pls help.. im really confused.. and worried that my work here will result to nothing but just work and not become a PR here in canada..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your job falls under the semi skilled options under the Alberta provincial nominee program, you can apply for PR with the support of your employer. If not, then you have the option of trying to get another low skilled job that qualifies for Alberta PNP or get upgraded to a skilled job which would allow you to extend your work permit and also apply for Alberta PNP and other classes of immigration.

Jan 29, 2009
i dont think my employer cares about his workers that much and does not give enough attention to his workers so i think we wont be getting any support from him, so im finding alternative ways to become a PR here, i just wanna share that before i came to Canada my mind was set that if i stay and work here for two years straight i would be eligible to apply at CIC at my own, but as ive read through the forums it seems that i need to be a skilled worker to be able to do so.. so am i gonna be sent back to my country after my contract expire?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When your 2 year contract expires, unless you have managed to get promoted to a skilled worker position or get another job in a skilled worker position, you will have to go home for 4 months before you can get another low skill permit.

Jan 29, 2009
but what if i get a skilled position before my contract expires? do i still need to go back to my country for 4 months before i can start with my new skilled work?

igotink1733

Jan 30, 2009
Hi, please find a link below which shows manufacturing jobs which come under pnp, some of the jobs need no special requirements, ie, noc 9514 machine operator, etc, if you find another job and get a new lmo you will have to work for that company for six months before applying for pnp, but if you get your application form in before you work permit expires you can stay in Canada under applied status, where about are you in Alberta ???
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/IA-PNP_eligible_manufacturing_occs.pdf

Jan 29, 2009
im at strathmore, 1 question can i resign from the job i have right now and apply for the given skilled positions that you showed me at the link? so that for the 2 years ill be staying here will also be the time for processing my application for PR? thanx for the info..

Jan 29, 2009
Leon said:
When your 2 year contract expires, unless you have managed to get promoted to a skilled worker position or get another job in a skilled worker position, you will have to go home for 4 months before you can get another low skill permit.
can i resign on my job at the restaurant now and apply for a skilled position so that at this early time i can be a skilled worker and apply for PR after 6 months of working as a skilled worker? your reply will be greatly appreciated.. thank you leon..

igotink1733

Jan 30, 2009
HI, i worked for a company and did not like it at all, i got a new job with a company who had a lmo, they applied for new work permit and it arrived in 4 weeks, i went to the border and got my new permit, the links i showed you are for semi skilled jobs. I worked for my new employer for 6 months then they sponsored me, and i have just received my file number.
I am in Lethbridge, where there are a few company's who employe the foreign worker.

igotink1733

Jan 30, 2009
You can get another new work permit, you may get another fresh 2 years, i got a freind who was here for 1 year, he got a new job and was given a fresh 2 years

Jan 29, 2009
even if i have only been in my job for 2 months as early as now i can resign and get a new job? i was thinking of being on a skilled category so that i can apply for immigration after 6 months of working there.. is what im saying possible?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can resign any time you want. Nobody will make you stay in a job you don't like but it's not smart to quit your job before you have arranged a new job and new work permit.

If you get a skilled job, you don't have to work 6 months to apply for PNP but it depends on the employer. The employer doesn't have to sponsor you for PNP, he can tell you he will do it right away or never depending on what he wants. Probably he wants you to work 3 months, even 6 to show that you are a good worker.

If you get a low skilled job with the option of AB PNP, then it's AB PNP that requires that you work 6 months before you apply for PNP. That is not the case with a skilled job.