+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happy if go to oath taking without PR card?

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
My friend is invited to take citizenship oath next weeek, but could not find her PR card. Does any one know what will happen if she goes to the oath ceremony without PR card?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
culturaltiger said:
My friend is invited to take citizenship oath next weeek, but could not find her PR card. Does any one know what will happen if she goes to the oath ceremony without PR card?
You need to call CIC and ask. No one can give an answer without having experienced the same situation.

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I echo Goldline's suggestion.

I did my oath last week and the PR card seemed to be the most important document they cared to see, since they take it away from you.

culturaltiger

Jan 16, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. My friend said she contacted CIC call centre and was told that she should go the oath, explain what happened and fill a form of declaration

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
culturaltiger said:
Thanks for the feedback. My friend said she contacted CIC call centre and was told that she should go the oath, explain what happened and fill a form of declaration
If you go there without a PR card and a really good reason (e.g. oath declaration that you, say, lost it), and they let you in, then you'd technically be both a PR and citizen, which doesn't make sense. You submit the PR card to signify the termination of your residency status in favor of citizenship. The declaration you'd provide instead is archived with your file for the record...