what will happen ?

mamo5002000

Jan 23, 2015
Qatar
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm wondered what if i went Canada as visitor and found job there ?
Can I stay there and get legal visa?
and after 3 years will I get Permanent residence ?

Thanks for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sure - you can certainly come to Canada as a visitor to try to find a job.

It tends to be quite difficult to find a job as a foreign worker - so there's no guarantee you will be successful. If you do find an employer/job - they will have to apply for an LMIA in order to hire you (no guarantee the LMIA will be approved). You will then have to apply for a work permit (again, no guarantee the work permit will be approved).

There is no guarantee you will qualify for PR after three years in Canada. You may or you may not.

caba4blue

Apr 29, 2013
mamo5002000 said:
Hi all,

I'm wondered what if i went Canada as visitor and found job there ?
Can I stay there and get legal visa?
and after 3 years will I get Permanent residence ?

Thanks for your help.
Hi
This approach is very unlikely to be successful.
Yep come as a visitor and see what types of jobs there are and in the area you wish to live but you need to have gained skills that can't be found or are in short supply in Canada before a company can employe a foreign worker.
So what you need to do...
Find an employer that is willing to hire you, they will need to complete an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) this has to be submitted and be deemed as successful - i.e. immigration is happy the role is real and that the post can't be filled by a Canadian. The employer must prove that they have posted the role in 3 or more places and they have conducted interviews documenting why the candidates were not suitable. They have to offer you the role and your resume has to meet the requirements of the position before a Work Permit will be issued.
The above process can take 3 months to over a year - all this time you can not work and if you are in Canada you have to support yourself.
Once this has been complete and you have a valid Work Permit you can work, you will be issued a Temporary SIN number matching the length of your Work Permit.
Then you will need to start the PR process - this can take 12 months to 3 years depending on your situation, your job, your education and so on. You have to request to apply (Canadian Experience Class) then if you are selected you will be asked to formally apply, this will be the complete application and all the supporting documentation. You need police checks for every country you have lived in over 6 months from the age of 18, you will need a huge amour of supporting documents, Education, Job Experience, Police Checks, Health checks etc etc. You application will be reviewed and i you are successful you will be grated PR status.
It is a very long and hard process and there are no guarantees even if you have paid the fees.
It will also cost as you need to pay for all checks and documents yourself, also if you use an immigration lawyer then you red to pay for that too.
If you do it alone then the PR process will cost you around $3000 all in if you use a lawyer then expect to pay around $8000 to $10,000 all in.

Good luck
Phil