+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will happen to an illegal immigrant?

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hello,
Please help me to understand what will happen to an illegal immigrant in Canada, if someone was came into Canada as a visitor, but could not return to their own country due to varied reasons...This person stay in Canada over 6 years...
Is CIC has any program to help in this situation?
Thank you in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,
Please help me to understand what will happen to an illegal immigrant in Canada, if someone was came into Canada as a visitor, but could not return to their own country due to varied reasons...This person stay in Canada over 6 years...
Is CIC has any program to help in this situation?
Thank you in advance.
Hope you're not expecting IRCC to allow this illegal immigrant the right to stay permanently although s/he has violated her/his visa conditions.

No, there is no immigration program that facilitates illegal immigrants/overstayers to get legal status

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hope you're not expecting IRCC to allow this illegal immigrant the right to stay permanently although s/he has violated her/his visa conditions.

No, there is no immigration program that facilitates illegal immigrants/overstayers to get legal status
My question is: Is s/he can get help if s/he can not come back to the origin country because s/he will be harm for politic reason?
Thanks Bryanna.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My question is: Is s/he can get help if s/he can not come back to the origin country because s/he will be harm for politic reason?
Thanks Bryanna.
S/he should have applied for asylum when s/he first arrived. Approval would have depended on proving that this person was being persecuted in her/his home country (well documented evidence to substantiate the claims).

The *harm in the home country* cannot be a perceived harm, it must be real. It should have been present when the person first arrived. S/he has stayed illegally for six years, Also, this *harm in the home country* cannot be an after-thought to address the issue of the overstay

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
S/he should have applied for asylum when s/he first arrived. Approval would have depended on proving that this person was being persecuted in her/his home country (well documented evidence to substantiate the claims).

The *harm in the home country* cannot be a perceived harm, it must be real. It should have been present when the person first arrived. S/he has stayed illegally for six years, Also, this *harm in the home country* cannot be an after-thought to address the issue of the overstay
After over six years as mentioned, what is s/he best choice now Bryanna? Please help!

Thank you so much for your replies.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
After over six years as mentioned, what is s/he best choice now Bryanna? Please help!

Thank you so much for your replies.
1. Is the person married to a Canadian PR or citizen? Or has a minor child who is a Canadian?

2. Can s/he prove that s/he will unequivocally suffer from hardship if s/he returns to the home country?

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hello Bryanna ,
I see you answer many of forum members question. Actually, I also like to ask my query...... Could you kindly try to answer...I applied paper application on 29th June. VFS- Chandigarh (India).
As of today I haven't got any acknowledgement email nor any SMS saying that my application has been received.
1) To get updation, Is it necessary to track application via VfS tracking number?
2) Will I get updates in my personal email? Which i mentioned in my application?
My purpose of visit is to appear in a exam of Industrial training authority (ITA) Exam date is 15 Aug.
Curious to know why I am not getting any updates??
Thanks in advance for your precious time.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna ,
I see you answer many of forum members question. Actually, I also like to ask my query...... Could you kindly try to answer...I applied paper application on 29th June. VFS- Chandigarh (India).
As of today I haven't got any acknowledgement email nor any SMS saying that my application has been received.
1) To get updation, Is it necessary to track application via VfS tracking number?
2) Will I get updates in my personal email? Which i mentioned in my application?
My purpose of visit is to appear in a exam of Industrial training authority (ITA) Exam date is 15 Aug.
Curious to know why I am not getting any updates??
Thanks in advance for your precious time.
Please start a new thread

Reactions: mandiebraxton

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
1. Is the person married to a Canadian PR or citizen? Or has a minor child who is a Canadian?

2. Can s/he prove that s/he will unequivocally suffer from hardship if s/he returns to the home country?
Hello Bryanna, for a review, I would like to explore to learn, with IRCC Law, what if this person (an illegal immigrant in Canada) fit 1. OR 2. ??

Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello Bryanna, for a review, I would like to explore to learn, with IRCC Law, what if this person (an illegal immigrant in Canada) fit 1. OR 2. ??

Thank you.
Bryanna is away indefinitely.

1. Spousal/common-law/family sponsorship—lack of status is not a reason for refusal

2. Humanitarian and compassionate grounds—the decision will take at least 1 year

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Bryanna is away indefinitely.

1. Spousal/common-law/family sponsorship—lack of status is not a reason for refusal

2. Humanitarian and compassionate grounds—the decision will take at least 1 year
Thank so much Bellaluna.
Yes, I totally agree with your saying "lack of status is not a reason for refusal". Also, I hope Canada will always up and do best in honoring with #2.