+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will HAPPEN once Bill C-6 reaches in SENATE?

abc12345xyz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
We all know that Bill C-6 can easily pass from the house of commons, but what will happen once it reaches to the SENATE. I know historically and traditionally the senate passes most Bills without any problem. But technically they can still opposed this bill in SENATE as conservatives have majority there, and they have already opposed this bill in house of commons. Have any one of you talk to your MPs about this situation? What they have to say?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
The senate is the only place where some turbulence might occur if JT doesn't populate it with Liberals before that.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Senate isn't going to want its legitimacy to decline any further by obstructing legislation too fervently. Some Conservative members will make some noise, but this will pass in one form or another eventually......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
links18 said:
Senate isn't going to want its legitimacy to decline any further by obstructing legislation too fervently. Some Conservative members will make some noise, but this will pass in one form or another eventually......
I agreed. The Senate won't block this.

I wish we could launch a bill to abolish the Senate. Now that would be a useful bill.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
scylla said:

I wish we could launch a bill to abolish the Senate. Now that would be a useful bill.
A hundred times yes!

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
scylla said:

Senate in Canada looks like a retirement center for the well-established. lol
but It won't be abolished because that's not British.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
I read that in 2010 they defeated a Climate change bill that had got a majority vote in the house of commons on the instructions of Stephen Harper. But of course now the dictator is not there.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
links18 said:
scylla said:

I hope you both speak the truth.

Politren said:
The senate is the only place where some turbulence might occur if JT doesn't populate it with Liberals before that.
Fingers crossed about that!
I saw on wikipedia that ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Canada ) that the Senate is composed of 41 Tories, 21 Liberals and 23 Non-Affiliated.
Are the 23 Non-Affiliated liberals in disguise?
I see that the Representative of the Government in the Senate is Peter Harder, Non-affiliated, appointed by JT.
I don't know exactly how all of this works...