+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will be the good decision?

Mainak

Jul 8, 2011
Hi,

I am Mainak Majumder, going to join Fanshawe College from this Sep'11.My previous qualification was B-Tech in Information Technology and I got around 73% of marks.
My new course is Information Security Management.Also I have a work experience of almost 3.4 yrs in Systems and Infrastructure.

I have some queries..

1.Will it be a problem for VISA?

2.Is it a good decision to carry on this course from Fanshawe College?

3.After reaching Canada, should I opt for a different course that suits with my previous study or work?

4.If I stick with that course, then after completing,are there any job prospects?

I am still waiting for my loan to be approved.Then will apply for Visa..nyway Thanks in advnc...

Jabir S M

Star Member
May 3, 2011
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. VO has no objection under any circumstances whether s/he selects the same track for the further study.

2.There are many other colleges for your intended field of subjects, ontario province has many public community colleges but no idea about that college

3. When you reach canada alot of many options come into consideration and different rules will be applied.

4. If you want to pursue the same course then you can transfer your credits to any university in canada and many options to get PR.

Regards

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Mainak said:
Hi,

I am Mainak Majumder, going to join Fanshawe College from this Sep'11.My previous qualification was B-Tech in Information Technology and I got around 73% of marks.
My new course is Information Security Management.Also I have a work experience of almost 3.4 yrs in Systems and Infrastructure.

I have some queries..

1.Will it be a problem for VISA?

2.Is it a good decision to carry on this course from Fanshawe College?

3.After reaching Canada, should I opt for a different course that suits with my previous study or work?

4.If I stick with that course, then after completing,are there any job prospects?

I am still waiting for my loan to be approved.Then will apply for Visa..nyway Thanks in advnc...
Haha nice to meet you, i study in the same college, I have finished my first year here...I dont think it should be a problem as your current course pretty much matches your b-tech qualification.

Mainak

Jul 8, 2011
Hey cool, its nice to meet you too..how r u?i hv hrd abt u frm Koushik.u know him rite?
So u have completed ur 1yr PG study nd u gt job?
Dude,can u tell me 1 thing, hows d job posibility aftr completing dis course?

Thanx in advnc..

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Mainak said:
Hey cool, its nice to meet you too..how r u?i hv hrd abt u frm Koushik.u know him rite?
So u have completed ur 1yr PG study nd u gt job?
Dude,can u tell me 1 thing, hows d job posibility aftr completing dis course?

Thanx in advnc..
Naw I am not doing PG man, I am doing a 2 year diploma, not I havent got a job yet..I just finished my first year, When Ill finish my course, I am planning to move to saskatchewan for their easy PR system. :D.. I think job possibilities are good after IT as it is the "hot" field of todays world..You probably wont have to worry about going to saskatchewan after studies hahaah because you can easily get a skilled IT job in Toronto if your good in your job search, Try to do a 2 PG diplomas so you can get 3 years of work permit other 8 months of work permit is very short....London is not very good for job opportunities compared with big cities, but depends on your luck too man, I mean some people find jobs within 2 days of their arrival, others are waiting after an year. :) and no I dont know that guy haha.