+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What will be my status?

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hello, I have applied for pgwp and my study permit is about to expire by 10 July. According to cic I can start working after applying for pgwp and waiting for the decision. Do I still need to change my status or my status is now already converted to work?

Thanks

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
your status now is implied. you can start working until you receive your pgwp. until then don't do anything off that will ruin your future and good luck :DD

Reactions: wonderbly

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello,

I applied for PGWP yesterday and today I got a letter from IRCC that:

I need to attach this letter as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is this normal? I was just surprised I got a message one day after submission, does this mean they're processing faster now or it's normal to get this letter after a day?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

I applied for PGWP yesterday and today I got a letter from IRCC that:

I need to attach this letter as proof that you are authorized to work for any employer, in any occupation with no restriction on hours until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is this normal? I was just surprised I got a message one day after submission, does this mean they're processing faster now or it's normal to get this letter after a day?
Thats normal to receive the later. Actually for OWP, thats a new process after submission

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Just thought I'd share my timeline here:

May 6 - PGWP application
May 7 - Confirmation Receipt e-mail
No updates since then and checked my CIC account this morning and it says account update.
Logged in again this afternoon and PGWP has been approved. No e-mail in between and until now.
It just says approved on the portal.

Hope you guys get yours soon too.

I just have a question, as soon as we get our PGWP, can we apply for OHIP?
Another question is, I haven't gotten a passport request, is applying for TRV a separate application? I've also checked the processing time and it says 196 days for inside Canada, can anybody confirm this?

Thank you!!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Just thought I'd share my timeline here:

May 6 - PGWP application
May 7 - Confirmation Receipt e-mail
No updates since then and checked my CIC account this morning and it says account update.
Logged in again this afternoon and PGWP has been approved. No e-mail in between and until now.
It just says approved on the portal.

Hope you guys get yours soon too.

I just have a question, as soon as we get our PGWP, can we apply for OHIP?
Another question is, I haven't gotten a passport request, is applying for TRV a separate application? I've also checked the processing time and it says 196 days for inside Canada, can anybody confirm this?

Thank you!!
YES, you can, if you have a job offer for at least six months duration and have accepted that offer. This is what Service Canada asked me when I applied for OHIP.

TRV is a separate application from PGWP if you apply inland. Not sure if TRV is included in applications outside.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hi @rogelcorral,

Do I have to be working full time for 6 months after I got my PGWP or as long as I present to Service Canada that I have a job offer that lasts for six months? Because my contract expires this June but I am extending it.

Thank you!

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi @rogelcorral,

Do I have to be working full time for 6 months after I got my PGWP or as long as I present to Service Canada that I have a job offer that lasts for six months? Because my contract expires this June but I am extending it.

Thank you!
I applied for OHIP a week before I started in my NOC B job. I submitted a letter of employment from my employer stating that my job role is for at least 6 months and possible permanent status upon completion of 6 months probationary period. I got the paper receipt within the day and my OHIP card after a week.

JVF

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hi @rogelcorral I just want to ask you about my case. I applied for TRV with my PGWP in Canada in June 2021 and until now my application hasn’t been reviewed. I applied months before because I was supposed to travel this month but unfortunately there were no updates in my application. I have been reading threads in this forum that the processing time now has been reduced to 21 days so last Saturday, I have decided to submit another TRV application.
Did I do the right thing? What should I do with my first application? Do I need to withdraw that or just wait and have 2 ongoing applications?
Thank you and appreciate your help.