+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What type of questions during test?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
Thank you everyone.

Do we get questions regarding Mayors, MLAs and MPs of our area?

You might. Just write them down on the two pages in the middle of Discover Canada (ignore the Territory sections, since you're in BC). You can find your mayor here (but make sure to do a sanity check). You can find your MLA here, and your MP right here. The current BC Lt. Gov. is Judith Guichon.

Since the test is multiple choice, these would also be in that form...

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's a video tutorial about the government https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34dg7zFBIg I personally think this chapter (how Canadians govern themselves) is the hardest to understand. From 10:22 onwards, this tutorial talks about how the different parts of parliament work, how x is elected/appointed by y, etc. it helps me understand the chapter much better.

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, thanks for all the info on the Test !
Do any questions come that ask you to identify the date (year) of an event?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
Hi, thanks for all the info on the Test !
Do any questions come that ask you to identify the date (year) of an event?
I have the same question. After the history chapter, the rest of the chapters are easier to memorize and I go through them much faster. I guess we need to know important events and their years. Confederation is definitely important, and maybe war of 1812, WWI, WWII? But there are many others seem important too, like when some important Acts are passed.

Apr 14, 2015
Hi
I just took the test and my husband and I both passed. Your allowed to get 5 wrong. I think there are different versions of the test. Mine was multiple choice and a couple of true/false. I studied the book but took the practice tests online. I found the practice tests extremely helpful. If you study and do well on the practice tests you should be OK.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
American_expat said:
Hi
I just took the test and my husband and I both passed. Your allowed to get 5 wrong. I think there are different versions of the test. Mine was multiple choice and a couple of true/false. I studied the book but took the practice tests online. I found the practice tests extremely helpful. If you study and do well on the practice tests you should be OK.
Thanks very much! Did you also use Richmond library as the online practice?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
American_expat said:
Hi
congratulations!!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
The current BC Lt. Gov. is Judith Guichon.
http://www.v-soul.com/vsoul/bc.php

Canadian Citizenship Test Knowledge of British Columbia:

The Lieutenant Governor is Judith Guichon.
The Premier of is Christy Clark.
The party in power provincially is the Liberal Party.
The provincial leader of the Opposition party is John Horgan.
The provincial Opposition party is the New Democratic Party.
You can find info for other provinces here http://www.v-soul.com/vsoul/testinfo.html