+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to write on the back of family photos, besides date and place?

Psyer

Dec 21, 2017
Dear all, I'm applying for spousal sponsorship, and I plan to submit 20 photos of me and my spouse taken over the years, as an additional proof of the genuineness of our relationship. My understanding is that on the back of each photo, I need to write the date and place the photo was taken. But would you recommend that I also write a little background/context? For example: dance club together, 1st anniversary, honey moon, etc.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: DiiDii

Psyer

Dec 21, 2017
Also, does it matter which type of pen/ink I use to write on the back of the photos? Is a ball pen okay?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Dear all, I'm applying for spousal sponsorship, and I plan to submit 20 photos of me and my spouse taken over the years, as an additional proof of the genuineness of our relationship. My understanding is that on the back of each photo, I need to write the date and place the photo was taken. But would you recommend that I also write a little background/context? For example: dance club together, 1st anniversary, honey moon, etc.

Thank you very much!
-Date of photo
-Sponsor name and birthday
-PA name and birthday
-Few simple words regarding context.
Sharpie pen works good

Reactions: Psyer

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I wrote exact dates, but if you honestly don’t know just write what you do know and try to be as detailed as you can. For our application we actually typed the info on the computer and printed it off on shipping labels which we then attached to the back of each photo. That’s an option too if you’re not confident in the legibility of your writing or you want to keep things neat and tidy!

Psyer

Dec 21, 2017
I wrote exact dates, but if you honestly don’t know just write what you do know and try to be as detailed as you can. For our application we actually typed the info on the computer and printed it off on shipping labels which we then attached to the back of each photo. That’s an option too if you’re not confident in the legibility of your writing or you want to keep things neat and tidy!
Thank you so much for the info about the content!
And great idea to print it instead of hand writing. I think I'll do that, too.

typomatica

Apr 16, 2019
We included about 4 pics per page and just hand wrote month/year, and a one liner about each pic underneath them, i.e. “Celebrating my sister’s wedding in Alberta with family and friends (Catherine and Ben)”

Psyer

Dec 21, 2017
We included about 4 pics per page and just hand wrote month/year, and a one liner about each pic underneath them, i.e. “Celebrating my sister’s wedding in Alberta with family and friends (Catherine and Ben)”
Do you mean you printed the pics on A4 papers? Thanks

Reactions: DiiDii

Whitley

Feb 24, 2020
There are, in fact, a zillion “wrong ways” of marking your materials, some of which can permanently damage or even destroy old photographs and other items in your family archive or collection.