+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to trust?

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

So the frustration keeps mounting since ive been waiting for more than a year for my PR. Nothing to do other than wait, but my question is:

What should i trust, the GCKEY or new PR Portal? GCKEY says Background check in progress whereas PR PORTAL says completed in December.

Any information?

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
any luck trying to go via a MP? your past the year mark
Sent our MP an email, got an answer to fill out a document granting them permission to act on my behalf. This was 2 weeks ago still nothing from MP or IRCC. Maybe since we are not from Afghanistan or Ukraine we are less of a priority

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
I recommend you physically call the MP office and speak to the person asking what the usual wait time for a response and its been 10 days and to connect you to someone who knows if they don't.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
I recommend you physically call the MP office and speak to the person asking what the usual wait time for a response and its been 10 days and to connect you to someone who knows if they don't.
You are right, but tried that already, you cannot speak to anyone over the phone.

Major2710

Star Member
Dec 22, 2021
so I finally got through IRCC yesterday cause I had all completed, but no response from IRCC.

They were able to tell me that I was in fact on the last step of the 5 step screening phase.

I know it sounds impossible but try and call IRCC

I called at 15:20 exactly yesterday and stayed on hold for 45 mins, because I was afraid if I ask for a call back the center would close

so call call call call