+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to put in Level of government in personal history?

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
I work in a government organization. While filling personal history form, I selected "Government" as activity type. Now it is asking for following three additional things.

1. Name of the government department
I wrote the department's name

2. Name of the branch within the government department
I wrote the branch name.

3. Level of Government
This is where I am stuck. What should I write in this field?

Can somebody please help

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
When i worked for the government, i was a civil servant. What were you?

imrankhan2015

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
kryt0n said:
When i worked for the government, i was a civil servant. What were you?
I'm an electronics engineer working in a government organization in Grade 18. My designation is "Manager". Please guide me what should I write in "Level of government"

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
imrankhan2015 said:
I'm an electronics engineer working in a government organization in Grade 18. My designation is "Manager". Please guide me what should I write in "Level of government"
Well i was an IT worker for the government in UK. As we are not military government workers we are called civil servants.

I don't know what you are, if you are not military i assume this would be the same.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
This i think would refer to either local government, federal, municipality etc. it's different when you work in the ministry or in mayor's office.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I am a lecturer in a public sector university, and am therefore a government officer. Do I need to select "Government Position held" or it is to be selected by those who actually were in bureaucracy, judiciary or ministry etc? Thats pretty confusing, I must say.

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
I am a lecturer in a public sector university, and am therefore a government officer. Do I need to select "Government Position held" or it is to be selected by those who actually were in bureaucracy, judiciary or ministry etc? Thats pretty confusing, I must say.
Dear Omar khan,
I am in same situation like you were. How did you make the entry for your government job. Kindly advice.
Name of the government department ??
Name of the branch within the government department??
Level of government??
Looking forward to your reply...

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
Dear Omar khan,
I am in same situation like you were. How did you make the entry for your government job. Kindly advice.
Name of the government department ??
Name of the branch within the government department??
Level of government??
Looking forward to your reply...
Just an update:
I wrote "government" in activity as job in one of public university and going to submit. Fingers crossed.

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi Omar, Could you please share what you eventually decided to select in the personal history section for your job as lecturer in public sector university? Many thanks.

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
That is what I did and wrote in letter of explanation to the clarification:
"XYZ university is a government university where I worked during XXXX-YYYY. Since the nature of job at XYZ University does not fell under the examples such as civil servant, police officer, employee in a security organization (listed in e-application form), therefore I mentioned the activity type at XYZ university as “employment” instead of “Government”."
I hope it is helpful. All the best.

Reactions: Zcvxcv and bm0

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
That is what I did and wrote in letter of explanation to the clarification:
"XYZ university is a government university where I worked during XXXX-YYYY. Since the nature of job at XYZ University does not fell under the examples such as civil servant, police officer, employee in a security organization (listed in e-application form), therefore I mentioned the activity type at XYZ university as “employment” instead of “Government”."
I hope it is helpful. All the best.
Hi Mohsin, Thank you very much for your answer. Just wondering, did you later change your mind and did what you have described above, after you posted the following reply in July 10 2018:

Just an update:
I wrote "government" in activity as job in one of public university and going to submit. Fingers crossed.
Sorry for being repetitive, just confirming which of these two did you end up doing?

Last edited:

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
I initially filled using government but during proof reading and just before submission I changed to employment and wrote explanation in letter of explanation. I did it because examples of government employee are clearly related to civil servant or security as you may also read in system.

Last night before replying to your message, I opened the letter or explanation that i submitted and copied the relevant statement for you.
In my understanding, you can choose either one i.e. governemnt or employment and later give explanation. However, I feel it is better to state employment and give explanation why choose employment. My feeling is that writing goverment in system may lead to additional security checks.

The process is stressful but keep going. All the best.
P.S. I will delete my previous response. it may be confusing others...

Reactions: bm0

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
I initially filled using government but during proof reading and just before submission I changed to employment and wrote explanation in letter of explanation. I did it because examples of government employee are clearly related to civil servant or security as you may also read in system.

Last night before replying to your message, I opened the letter or explanation that i submitted and copied the relevant statement for you.
In my understanding, you can choose either one i.e. governemnt or employment and later give explanation. However, I feel it is better to state employment and give explanation why choose employment. My feeling is that writing goverment in system may lead to additional security checks.

The process is stressful but keep going. All the best.
P.S. I will delete my previous response. it may be confusing others...
Hi Mohsin, Thanks a lot for replying and for taking the trouble to check your LoE. :)
I think I'll also do the same, select employment and explain in LoE.

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi @Mohsin.S - One more question: Do you by any chance remember how you answered this question under Personal History > Personal Activities?

Have you listed all of [applicant's name] periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [applicant's name] belongs to (if any)? (required)

The options are: Yes / No / Not Applicable

I'm confused between Yes and Not Applicable.

I've gone through multiple threads on the same issue, and there's a ton of confusion about the interpretation of this question. Will really appreciate any feedback ... thanks.

Mohsin.S

Jan 27, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-09-2018
Passport Req..
18-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2019
LANDED..........
22-06-2019
Hi @Mohsin.S - One more question: Do you by any chance remember how you answered this question under Personal History > Personal Activities?

Have you listed all of [applicant's name] periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [applicant's name] belongs to (if any)? (required)

The options are: Yes / No / Not Applicable

I'm confused between Yes and Not Applicable.

I've gone through multiple threads on the same issue, and there's a ton of confusion about the interpretation of this question. Will really appreciate any feedback ... thanks.
The Answer is "Yes" This is a declaration that you have disclosed all the all the activities.
Even if military or government does not apply to you but all of the organizations (companies you worked/working) is still applicable.
So the answer is "Yes"

Reactions: Zcvxcv and bm0