+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to mention if unemployed during gaps if self employed

srikanukollu

Sep 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I am a self employed. Do I need mention my agency name in employer details or client I worked details.

I mentioned like Tek systems-Telus and address I mentioned client details. Is it ok. Please confirm.

If I am out of the contract I mentioned as unemployed and in employer details I mentioned my incorporation details. Because my incorporation is still active and looking for opportunities.

Please suggest regarding this.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
If your business registration is continuous and your are filing taxes etc for the business, you can write 'self employed'. For the period that you were employed, you could mention the employer and then your own business in the period in between.

Going by experience, it would be good to have employment certificate(s) from the organizations confirming your period of work, since you may not have salary slips if you were a contract employee.

When in doubt, state the facts as they stand, even though they may seem weird to you and unemployment is not a crime.

srikanukollu

Sep 26, 2014
Thanks a lot for your response!
For ex I work for tek systems and my end client is Scotiabank. What address to mention? Agency address or the client I worked(i. e Scotiabank address). Please let me know

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Thanks a lot for your response!
For ex I work for tek systems and my end client is Scotiabank. What address to mention? Agency address or the client I worked(i. e Scotiabank address). Please let me know
You were not an employee of Scotiabank; you were/are working with Tek Systems. Your employment letter would come from them and not Scotia.

alpharomeo22

Jul 31, 2018
dont listen to some "crap" here

i was unemployed during 3 years, had 0 problem.

just write unemployed, address your home they won't even ask or care about it.