+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to expect? - breached RO by 6 days

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
I breached the RO on 27th November. I am landing tomorrow on 2nd December.

My last entry was on 1st September and exit on 14th October.

What is the best way to avoid secondary review? Will I be let in without being reported? PR card expires in November 2023.

Very nervous, please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I breached the RO on 27th November. I am landing tomorrow on 2nd December.

My last entry was on 1st September and exit on 14th October.

What is the best way to avoid secondary review? Will I be let in without being reported? PR card expires in November 2023.

Very nervous, please help.
The most likely outcome is that you'll be fine based on the expiry date on your PR card. I would say very low chance of issues / problems.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Rather than tell you how I think things should work, I will give you a point blank answer (which means, I will not lie to you and will not sugar coat things for propaganda purposes).
So here it is:

It depends on the border agent and on your looks. If you look like a young Arab/Muslim man (regardless of your true identity, origin, ethnicity and etc.), and have been 1 day in breach of the RO, the border agent can report you, and if IAD shares his sentiments, you can be ordered deported, unless you have H&C grounds to overcome the removal order, or are working as an informer for intelligence agencies whose authority supersedes that of any legal authority in the most of the countries, and thus can overrule any decision by any government entity (including judicial).
Even if you are not in breach of RO, officer at POE can still send you to secondary and you will still be given a hard time, if you have wrong looks and officer at the POE is a jerk.

If you are a female, or even a man but belong to any group of visible and protected minorities, don't look like Arab/Muslim and etc., then there are very slim chances (even if POE officer is a bully and jerk by nature) that you will encounter any kind of the issue at POE for such a small (or even greater) breach of RO.

Last edited:

ishaannayyyar

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Rather than tell you how I think things should work, I will give you a point blank answer (which means, I will not lie to you and will not sugar coat things for propaganda purposes).
So here it is:

It depends on the border agent and on your looks. If you look like a young Arab/Muslim man (regardless of your true identity, origin, ethnicity and etc.), and have been 1 day in breach of the RO, the border agent can report you, and if IAD shares his sentiments, you can be ordered deported, unless you have H&C grounds to overcome the removal order, or are working as an informer for intelligence agencies whose authority supersedes that of any legal authority in the most of the countries, and thus can overrule any decision by any government entity (including judicial).
Even if you are not in breach of RO, officer at POE can still send you to secondary and you will still be given a hard time, if you have wrong looks and officer at the POE is a jerk.

If you are a female, or even a man but belong to any group of visible and protected minorities, don't look like Arab/Muslim and etc., then there are very slim chances (even if POE officer is a bully and jerk by nature) that you will encounter any kind of the issue at POE for such a small (or even greater) breach of RO.
I am an Indian. I speak fluent french, I am landing at YUL.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Agree with scylla's reply. Your PR card is still valid and you are only a few days off your RO. You will likely be fine.

Some members have bad experience with CBSA and so their replies seem to be more negative regarding to border crossing experinces.