+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to expect as an Independent Contractor?

vvbbe

Apr 18, 2016
Hi,

Got hired as an independent Contractor. I used to do the same kind of job back in my country. Very new to Canadian workforce though and just wondering how things happen here. Can anyone please let me know what to expect as a contractor on my first day of the job? What are the things I should be aware of, Am I expected to start delivering from the very first day (What if I don't understand something of the job)? Please give some suggestions to cope with the situation as a newcomer to the Canadian workforce.

Thanks and appreciate your answer in advance.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
vvbbe said:
Hi,

Got hired as an independent Contractor. I used to do the same kind of job back in my country. Very new to Canadian workforce though and just wondering how things happen here. Can anyone please let me know what to expect as a contractor on my first day of the job? What are the things I should be aware of, Am I expected to start delivering from the very first day (What if I don't understand something of the job)? Please give some suggestions to cope with the situation as a newcomer to the Canadian workforce.

Thanks and appreciate your answer in advance.
what profession you're into

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
vvbbe said:
Got hired as an independent Contractor. I used to do the same kind of job back in my country. Very new to Canadian workforce though and just wondering how things happen here. Can anyone please let me know what to expect as a contractor on my first day of the job? What are the things I should be aware of, Am I expected to start delivering from the very first day
Please note that "independent contractor" means you are self-employed, and will have to arrange to pay your taxes yourself. Also note that self-employment is not eligible under the CEC class - if you were hoping to use this experience for immigration, it will not count.