sam9666

Aug 1, 2021
I applied for spousal sponsorship outland
my paper-based application was received on May 7th, 2021
Biometrics letter on June 16th, 2021
got prearrival services email on July 5th, 2021
got asked for medical on July 15th, 2021
The medical status result changed to medical passed on July 28th , 2021

based on this, can someone guides me through the process or an idea of what I should expect next and how long should I hope the further process is gonna take, I am originally from the middle east if that is of any relevance. will appreciate any response.

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I applied for spousal sponsorship outland
my paper-based application was received on May 7th, 2021
Biometrics letter on June 16th, 2021
got prearrival services email on July 5th, 2021
got asked for medical on July 15th, 2021
The medical status result changed to medical passed on July 28th , 2021

based on this, can someone guides me through the process or an idea of what I should expect next and how long should I hope the further process is gonna take, I am originally from the middle east if that is of any relevance. will appreciate any response.
You got everything so quickly. We have to wait 6 moths to get medical request.
If you sponsorship is not approved, you will get the approval.
You will get AOR2 stated that your application is transferred to Visa office.
Then you will get Decision Made, Passport request, COPR.
Good luck.

sam9666

Aug 1, 2021
You got everything so quickly. We have to wait 6 moths to get medical request.
If you sponsorship is not approved, you will get the approval.
You will get AOR2 stated that your application is transferred to Visa office.
Then you will get Decision Made, Passport request, COPR.
Good luck.
Yes forgot to put in there that the sponsorship has been approved, I got that on 17th June just a day after the biometric request, but I haven't submitted my police character certificate yet because for my home country they said that you should only send it when asked for (i send another country police certificate tho where i spend 6 months) so was wondering they might ask for police letter next
and any idea of how long the things you mentioned take( i know no one knows but any hunch on basis of other applications)

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Yes forgot to put in there that the sponsorship has been approved, I got that on 17th June just a day after the biometric request, but I haven't submitted my police character certificate yet because for my home country they said that you should only send it when asked for (i send another country police certificate tho where i spend 6 months) so was wondering they might ask for police letter next
and any idea of how long the things you mentioned take( i know no one knows but any hunch on basis of other applications)
The estimated official timeline is 1 year from the application received date. It will widely vary from 6 months to 1.5 year depended on how straightforward or complicated you application is.

Roop0918

Aug 2, 2021
Hi sam
We also around the same timeline. I have applied for my husband’s Pr ...His biometrics done recently nd updated...His medical done and updated , Sponsorship also got approved. Now we are wondering how much more time will the file take?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi sam
We also around the same timeline. I have applied for my husband’s Pr ...His biometrics done recently nd updated...His medical done and updated , Sponsorship also got approved. Now we are wondering how much more time will the file take?
If you applied in May 2021 you still have around a year to go. Maybe a little less depending if backlog gets cleared and you don’t need an interview.