+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do with money in healthcare (hsa)account ?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all,
What should be done with money in hsa account in usa if I move to Canada permanently? Can it be used for medical purposes in Canada? Or Shld I withdraw it ?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Do it once for all when you happen to be tax resident of US.
Ok thank you soo much..
One more question-
I am on h1b visa right now in usa..if I leave my job and move to Canada on PR, my H1b visa will not be valid I suppose...I have my business visa also stamped on my passport from same company,my I 140 is also approved..if I have to come back to usa to completely wrap up things , can I come back on business visa? Or any other way to come back ...if u have any idea plz let me know

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Ok thank you soo much..
One more question-
I am on h1b visa right now in usa..if I leave my job and move to Canada on PR, my H1b visa will not be valid I suppose...I have my business visa also stamped on my passport from same company,my I 140 is also approved..if I have to come back to usa to completely wrap up things , can I come back on business visa? Or any other way to come back ...if u have any idea plz let me know
If you are wrapping up things within a month(you can use AVR) or if you have a valid H1b stamped, you can still go back on the same Visa.

you can refer this thread for more info: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-we-keep-h1b-and-b1-both-at-the-same-time-for-entry-to-usa-from-canada.626170/