+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do when passport pdf is big and doesnt upload

Canadacrazy

Mar 29, 2018
Hi Guys,
Not sure if anyone had experienced this but post ITA im trying to upload my passport pdf but it is saying "invalid file size".

What shall i do ..anybody has any ideas or suggestions.Please let me know.

Thanks

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi Guys,
Not sure if anyone had experienced this but post ITA im trying to upload my passport pdf but it is saying "invalid file size".

Thanks
You can just compress it. Seriously, you can't google search this?

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Your file size should not be more than 3MB size .To compress it , please you may use PDF compress software to reduce the size of the file.
https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf or you can just google it for other online tool to compress the size.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Not all are tech savvy or google savvy.
There is no question of being savvy here. I have seen same questions created in multiple threads, for which you could find the answer in those threads. Because of this so many genuine questions goes to the back of the page. I am not fond of those threads for which a simple google search would give you all possibilities. Don't have to be a technological genius for this.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
There is no question of being savvy here. I have seen same questions created in multiple threads, for which you could find the answer in those threads. Because of this so many genuine questions goes to the back of the page. I am not fond of those threads for which a simple google search would give you all possibilities. Don't have to be a technological genius for this.
Brother, I get your point but sometime things which looks simple to one person can be complicated for others. It's not about if someone is genius or not. CIC has all sort of information on their website but still this forum exist. Apply the same logic.

Canadacrazy

Mar 29, 2018
Thanks everyone for your help. Probably I would have been more clear like which s/w or site we should use as all thse documents have PII. But anyway I figured it out. I dont want to share my passport copies with outside websites..so I signed up for adobe dc pro trial. which gives me 7days free. Did my work and cancelled it. That way your documents wont leave your pc and you can compress the documents.. Good luck.

Reactions: chikoo1985