+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do when CIC correspondence hasn't been received?

Stratton40

Aug 18, 2017
I'm sponsoring my husband, outland from the US. We haven't been able to successfully link our application online but check the ECAS thing and I'm confused about some correspondence we were supposed to have received.

On Jan 23, we received an e-mail confirmation granting an extension because we couldn't meet the deadline for submitting our FBI police certificate.

What I'm worried about is numbers 4 and 5 (Lines copied and pasted from ECAS below). We only received the one email on the 23rd, and have scoured our junk and spam e-mail folders but have nothing else. Does this read as a minimum of two separate letters, possibly three?

Would you be concerned that they haven't been sent correctly and contact them?

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 13, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
  3. We sent you a letter on January 23, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a letter on January 24, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
When did you receive your request for Schedule A and PPC? That communication is always listed on ECAS. For me it was listed as sent 1 day later than it was actually sent.

Stratton40

Aug 18, 2017
When did you receive your request for Schedule A and PPC? That communication is always listed on ECAS. For me it was listed as sent 1 day later than it was actually sent.
We received that request back in early December, the 5th I believe. Gave deadline for PCC by 12/31/17 which we couldn't meet.

Stratton40

Aug 18, 2017
We received that request back in early December, the 5th I believe. Gave deadline for PCC by 12/31/17 which we couldn't meet.
I should clarify, our Sched A and medicals were submitted on time. They were all requested in the same letter with the same deadline.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Okie doke, so here's what I think. ECAS tends to list the email correspondence as happening one day later than it actually did... so I think line 4 is referring to the email you received granting your extension. Lines 3 and 5 say they mailed you a PHYSICAL LETTER (in the mail) and based on when the letters were mailed I do not think you would have received them in the mail yet. So I think you should wait a couple of weeks and they will likely turn up. If they sent them to you via email, it would say correspondence like #4 does, but they specifically say they sent you letters.

Stratton40

Aug 18, 2017
Okie doke, so here's what I think. ECAS tends to list the email correspondence as happening one day later than it actually did... so I think line 4 is referring to the email you received granting your extension. Lines 3 and 5 say they mailed you a PHYSICAL LETTER (in the mail) and based on when the letters were mailed I do not think you would have received them in the mail yet. So I think you should wait a couple of weeks and they will likely turn up. If they sent them to you via email, it would say correspondence like #4 does, but they specifically say they sent you letters.
OK this makes sense, I was under the impression that all correspondence would arrive via e-mail. I'll keep an eye on our snail mail then.

Thanks for your help!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
OK this makes sense, I was under the impression that all correspondence would arrive via e-mail. I'll keep an eye on our snail mail then.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, typically it does, which is the weird part. As long as you enter an email address on your application, that is supposed to override any mail communication and have everything come by email. But I have heard of them screwing this up before, I know someone who waited like 4 months to receive SA because they sent it by letter instead of email for absolutely no reason. So just keep an eye on the mailbox! It does definitely seem to be letter mail based on the ECAS phrasing.

Reactions: Stratton40

Lavanya01

Sep 27, 2018
Received my visa
But correspondence letter not received
What shud i do
And i mailed the delhi high commission Also but no reply from them