+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to do if you don't remember the "Date you applied to extend your status"

zarge

Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone.
I am just starting my application for the canadian citizenship and I have the following issue:
Before my PR, I had two work permits, but I don't remember when the application was sent for the last one.

The application was completely managed by my ex-employer, so I don't have a single clue. I only know it was done before my first WP expired.

How I should answer that question ? Should I pick a random date and try to explain later as an additional note ?

Thanks.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi everyone.
I am just starting my application for the canadian citizenship and I have the following issue:
Before my PR, I had two work permits, but I don't remember when the application was sent for the last one.

The application was completely managed by my ex-employer, so I don't have a single clue. I only know it was done before my first WP expired.

How I should answer that question ? Should I pick a random date and try to explain later as an additional note ?

Thanks.
You dont need to inform them when the application was submitted, only the start and expiry date and you should have records of those dates. When you applied to 2 work permit it is understandood that you were under implied status. If youd like to add a letter of explanation to your application for your piece of mind, you can, but I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: zarge

zarge

Oct 25, 2019
Hi @Alalac , for the question "Date you applied to extend your status" I tried the date I got the second WP. I got this warning:
You applied for an extension after your status expired

If the extension was approved

change your answer to "No" for the "Did you apply to extend your status?" question
click on “Save”
add the extended status as a new entry
I did what the message said, and now I two Temporary resident status boxes (for each WP), but I think this provide a different information. It could look like I was illegal during the two month gap between the expiration of the first one and receiving the second one.

Or in other words, what is the question Date you applied to extend your status use for ?