+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if you do not want to stay in sponsoring PNP

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
After you have completed your landing and become a PR move to another province as there is no law that says as a PR you have to stay in the sponsor province.

R

rish888

What should be done if you do not want to stay in province which sponsor you PNP ?
Yep, as BS65 said you can move to any province. The Canadian Charter gives you this right.

However, up until the point you land you must have an intention to stay in your sponsoring province. Intent can of course change.

Nov 18, 2017
Yep, as BS65 said you can move to any province. The Canadian Charter gives you this right.

However, up until the point you land you must have an intention to stay in your sponsoring province. Intent can of course change.
There have been serious issue with PnP runnerups in Canada - almst everyone do the same unless they realize that they are traceable and can be found guilty of cheating. You have to show intent ..otherwise, you may be having trouble when dealing with your province for immigration card and citizenship issues. This is what I have done and I can assure you that PnP can be handled easily, this way.
1. Convince PnP officers at time of dealing with express entry that you are very much interested in settling down there - they need tax payers over there and are not concerned what in fact you do.
2. Do register yourself when you land with SERVICE CANADA, open a bank account and get a phone.
3. Send time in finding job, use portals and their services and keep record that you tried to get a job. You can easily arrange a interview - keep record of that interview, this will be your alibi for not having job there, in future.
4. Your apartment can not be booked over phone, so you will be staying in guest houses / hotels / AirBnB but keep record , receipts etc.
5. You are buying groceries now, paying cash - keep all receipts.
6. Move slowly to your province in second month , one month is enough for this drama. But keep paying your bills. Hydro and Rent.

Arrage your stay in province you want to move in - after two months, pack up and shift permanantly.

No lawyer can challenege this in case you are taken up by PnP

Reactions: techie007

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
There have been serious issue with PnP runnerups in Canada - almst everyone do the same unless they realize that they are traceable and can be found guilty of cheating. You have to show intent ..otherwise, you may be having trouble when dealing with your province for immigration card and citizenship issues. This is what I have done and I can assure you that PnP can be handled easily, this way.
1. Convince PnP officers at time of dealing with express entry that you are very much interested in settling down there - they need tax payers over there and are not concerned what in fact you do.
2. Do register yourself when you land with SERVICE CANADA, open a bank account and get a phone.
3. Send time in finding job, use portals and their services and keep record that you tried to get a job. You can easily arrange a interview - keep record of that interview, this will be your alibi for not having job there, in future.
4. Your apartment can not be booked over phone, so you will be staying in guest houses / hotels / AirBnB but keep record , receipts etc.
6. Move slowly to your province in second month , one month is enough for this drama. But keep paying your bills. Hydro and Rent.

Arrage your stay in province you want to move in - after two months, pack up and shift permanantly.

Hi canadamalhotra,

Thank you for your advise above.

Roughly how long do you need to stay in the PNP sponsoring province before you moved out? I understand that the intent need to be established.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018

Hi, Thank you for the tips. Can you also let us know if we need to report to the specific province's immigration office before moving out and justify the move? When are we supposed to show them all the proofs that you have stated above? Also, if after moving to any other province, will they ask any details and the reason why we moved out of the province that actually nominated us?

Please help.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi,

I got my PR thru SK PNP Express Entry. I landed in BC last July since I have a brother living there. I stayed there until Dec last year, waited for my PR card and have registered to BC Service Canada and secured a BC drivers license. I went back to my home country early January and planning to return back to Canada April this year. Planning to do my landing still in BC this April and move to SK to established my "intent to stay" in that province. My question is, since I did my soft landing last year July in BC, and even got both BC Services Card and BC Drivers license, if I travel to SK (by land, long drive) how can I further establish my "intent to stay"? Swap my BC Drivers License and BC Service card with SK Drivers License and SK Service card when I get there? Would this also mean, I need to stay longer in SK?

Thank you for your advice.