+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if FBI Clearance is delayed?

JP1983

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Guys !!! Urgent information needed

I received ITA (CEC, CRS - 1030) on December 22 2015 . I stayed in US for a total 190 days and approached a finger print scan in Toronto . I was given with 2 options

1) Taking the finger prints in the FBI form , credit card information and other needed details . I need to send the application on my own to FBI etc.. - Cost CAD 45

2) Taking the finger prints in the FBI form , and other needed details . They will take care of the rest. Will receive the hard copy letter 'issued' by FBI in 10 days - Cost CAD 240

I opted for the second one and i paid the whole amount. Then i heard that FBI clearance thorough channelers are not accepted. Can some one help me on this ? What i did was right? They said the letter will be issued by the FBI directly. How the CIC differentiates the letter issued by the channeler with the letter issued directly by FBI?

I have done my medicals and gathered all docs and just waiting for this FBI. Please help!!

saz1961

Mar 2, 2017
Hey,

Did you eventually get your FBI clearance and get your Canadian visa? I just got the letter saying I had 60 days to get my FBI clearance. I applied for it 3 weeks ago so it will definitely take longer than that. I'm just wondering how lenient CIC are with it, did they give you extra time to get it or make a decision without it?

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
saz1961 said:
Hey,

Did you eventually get your FBI clearance and get your Canadian visa? I just got the letter saying I had 60 days to get my FBI clearance. I applied for it 3 weeks ago so it will definitely take longer than that. I'm just wondering how lenient CIC are with it, did they give you extra time to get it or make a decision without it?
You have enough time. Nowadays it takes around 60 days for the entire process.

juluri

Dec 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Express entry PR visa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 52 days for me.