+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do at toronto airport ?

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI EVERYONE....I am travelling first time from delhi to london to toronto to ottawa for study purpose.Please tell me the process to be done at toronto airport. Do i have to get my bags and check in again? Will i have to clear canadian immigration at toronto? please help

jas24

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
after landing u will collect ur baggage ...the flight # wl be popping up on the screen where ur luggage wud be...
eventually go to cbsa, after facing the never ending line up
answr the questions and officer wl grant u study permit
after that say gud bye ......
can u plz tell me wot docs u r carrying wid u??

cluster

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
October 2017
Nomination.....
PNP Ontario
AOR Received.
Waiting...
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
January 2018
VISA ISSUED...
January 2018
LANDED..........
Ottawa - January 2018
karan mehra said:
HI EVERYONE....I am travelling first time from delhi to london to toronto to ottawa for study purpose.Please tell me the process to be done at toronto airport. Do i have to get my bags and check in again? Will i have to clear canadian immigration at toronto? please help
Hi
which university in Ottawa?
most probably i will also be heading to Ottawa in December. How are you planning your stay in Ottawa?

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cluster said:
Hi
which university in Ottawa?
most probably i will also be heading to Ottawa in December. How are you planning your stay in Ottawa?
algonquin college

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jas24 said:
after landing u will collect ur baggage ...the flight # wl be popping up on the screen where ur luggage wud be...
eventually go to cbsa, after facing the never ending line up
answr the questions and officer wl grant u study permit
after that say gud bye ......
can u plz tell me wot docs u r carrying wid u??
whats cbsa?? i have stay only for 1 and half hour..will it be enough for the process??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karan mehra said:
whats cbsa?? i have stay only for 1 and half hour..will it be enough for the process??
It might be enough or it might not be. You will have to clear immigration where your study permit will be issued. You will then have to pick up your luggage and pass through customs - then drop off your luggage and catch your next flight.

If you booked all of your flights as one trip / as one ticket and it takes longer than an hour and half to clear customs and immigration, then the airline will just bump you to the next flight leaving for Ottawa at no cost.

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It might be enough or it might not be. You will have to clear immigration where your study permit will be issued. You will then have to pick up your luggage and pass through customs - then drop off your luggage and catch your next flight.

If you booked all of your flights as one trip / as one ticket and it takes longer than an hour and half to clear customs and immigration, then the airline will just bump you to the next flight leaving for Ottawa at no cost.
yes i have booked one airlines ......thanks for information....

karan mehra

Sep 11, 2014
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:

please tell me do i need to worry about it??? if u have done it please describe me the process.......

sahilda1992

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
karan mehra said:
Need not to worry,the interview may last upto 5 to 6 minutes,BUT MAKE SURE THAT WHEN U GET THE CBSA CARD ON THE FLIGHT TO FILL,****WITH FULL ATTENTION FILL ALL THE PARTICULARS,THE WRONG/FALSE ENTRY CAN LET YOU PAY FINE****.For example one of the particulars of card says,are u bringing food?
if yes then mark yes dont give false information.
BEFORE LEAVING,MAKE SURE YOU CHECK :_
1.WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN CANADA.
2.LUGGAGE WEIGHT.
3.ALL THE DOCUMENTS.
4.SPECIALLY,INDIAN MADE JACKETS WILL NOT WORK IN CANADA,INSTEAD OF FILLING UR SUITCASE,JUST BUY SOME AFTER GOIN THERE.
AND BRO WATCH THIS VIDEO,IT WILL HELP U ALOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSdxRzff01I

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
karan mehra said:
What is process of clearing customs?? if anyone have did it please tell me........
It will approximately take about 1 hour or so.. once u r out either u can call cab or go to kijiji to find cheap airport pick up.. Cost $50 avg..