Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am expecting to receive PPR late October. After that how much time do I have to enter to move to Canada? I have a job here and do not want to move to Canada without a job.

So After PPR, ı will look for jobs and after I find, then I will quit my current company.

Please let me know. Sorry if a similar topic has risen. ı could not find.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to land in Canada at least once before your medical or passport expires, whichever is earlier. Medicals are valid for 1 year. It is important to stay back till you receive your PR card so plan for at least a couple of months. Once you have the PR card, you can return to your country of residence. To retain your PR status, you will need to spend at least 2 of the next 5 years in Canada (can be discontinuous).

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why would you need to stay untill you get your pr card? Where did you get this info from?

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You will have to land in Canada at least once before your medical or passport expires, whichever is earlier. Medicals are valid for 1 year. It is important to stay back till you receive your PR card so plan for at least a couple of months. Once you have the PR card, you can return to your country of residence. To retain your PR status, you will need to spend at least 2 of the next 5 years in Canada (can be discontinuous).
Is it possible to enter Canada, stay few days, give them an address of a friend, then return to home country?

Can my friend can receive the PR card? Or am I stuck in Canada before receival of PR card?

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
HakikiKanada said:
Is it possible to enter Canada, stay few days, give them an address of a friend, then return to home country?

Can my friend can receive the PR card? Or am I stuck in Canada before receival of PR card?
You can do it that way and have your friend either send over the PR cards to you once he/she receives them or apply for a temp visa with the local Canadian embassy to re-enter again and collect the PR card in person.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is preferable if you can stay back and collect the PR card. For applicants from non-Visa exempt countries, the PR card will facilitate easier times at immigration when you return to Canada next. This is general wisdom from the forum, I haven't tried it myself.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
It is preferable if you can stay back and collect the PR card. For applicants from non-Visa exempt countries, the PR card will facilitate easier times at immigration when you return to Canada next. This is general wisdom from the forum, I haven't tried it myself.
Thanks. When can I start workıng then? Immeadiately after landing or after PR card?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
See this will not be possible for me and my familly IF we ever get the PR.
our medical is valid untill begining of may, so we will have to enter by that time.. my children go to school and I would definitely like for them to finish scool year here , and that is beginning of june.

What about if you let your medical expire and then re do it before you go (that might be cheaper than plain tickets..) what would be the procedure then? Do you redo medical the same way ?? Has anyone done this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
Thanks. When can I start workıng then? Immeadiately after landing or after PR card?
Immediately after landing. PR card is just a document which makes life easier at points of exit and entry into Canada and for other federal/provincial purposes.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Immediately after landing. PR card is just a document which makes life easier at points of exit and entry into Canada and for other federal/provincial purposes.
Thanks +1

AsWeWait

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-10-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2016
yelena said:
See this will not be possible for me and my familly IF we ever get the PR.
our medical is valid untill begining of may, so we will have to enter by that time.. my children go to school and I would definitely like for them to finish scool year here , and that is beginning of june.

What about if you let your medical expire and then re do it before you go (that might be cheaper than plain tickets..) what would be the procedure then? Do you redo medical the same way ?? Has anyone done this?
The PPR letter usually says that the visa is only valid till a year from the medical date. So if you medical expires, your visa expires too and you will have to go through the whole process again.

dollcie

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
AsWeWait said:
The PPR letter usually says that the visa is only valid till a year from the medical date. So if you medical expires, your visa expires too and you will have to go through the whole process again.
My medicals are expiring in 1st week of may'16
so does it mean tht if I get my COPR in Apr'16 i need to enter Canada immediately or else my PR expires and i will have to go through the entire PR process?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dollcie said:
My medicals are expiring in 1st week of may'16
so does it mean tht if I get my COPR in Apr'16 i need to enter Canada immediately or else my PR expires and i will have to go through the entire PR process?
You MUST land before your medical expires or before your current passport expires, whichever comes first. We do not know for sure what happens to the visa if the meds expire but IMO, the visa becomes invalid too. Unless you have an extremely good reason for not landing before the medicals expired, I think you might have to go through the ENTIRE process again.

This is only my opinion.

dollcie

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You MUST land before your medical expires or before your current passport expires, whichever comes first. We do not know for sure what happens to the visa if the meds expire but IMO, the visa becomes invalid too. Unless you have an extremely good reason for not landing before the medicals expired, I think you might have to go through the ENTIRE process again.

This is only my opinion.
Thank you for the update

Divya.244

Nov 16, 2015
can dependent travel first after getting pr

Hi everyone, we have applied for pr in canada and wanted to know if I can travel first and my husband who is a main applicant can join later ? But I am on dependent visa but i don't want my husband to leave job first for financial security. He can join after 6 months ? Our agent is saying I can travel if I have sufficient money to show as per requirement. Please help and share views