Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello all,

It's going to be not a good sign(personally ) after waiting more than 4 months. However, most of the cases waiting a long time ensures the ppr .

Meanwhile , it would be a great to invest this waiting time in other things like resume preparation, interview skills, job search.

But what to do if this time exceeds 6 months?
The well known alternatives to know more about the application progress are: we can call cic or order gcms notes. Also prepare to raise a cse.

But, is there any other ways to know about the status or speedup the process?.

Your experience can be greatly appreciated.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hello all,

It's going to be not a good sign(personally ) after waiting more than 4 months. However, most of the cases waiting a long time ensures the ppr .

Meanwhile , it would be a great to invest this waiting time in other things like resume preparation, interview skills, job search.

But what to do if this time exceeds 6 months?
The well known alternatives to know more about the application progress are: we can call cic or order gcms notes. Also prepare to raise a cse.

But, is there any other ways to know about the status or speedup the process?.

Your experience can be greatly appreciated.

This will seem negative. However, I don't think anyone or anything can speed the process up.

RAJ009F

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
This will seem negative. However, I don't think anyone or anything can speed the process up.
Only +ve. Just explore different possibilities to share the success stories.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
6 months and no progress. Only criminality passed. Rest not started. When will they do something?

Reactions: Obhijeet

RAJ009F

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I think u can call CIC or raise a cse for quick respons.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Calling Cic is like talking to a bunch of dim wits.. generic answers which have no meaning. They have no idea ciz they are just customer service agents. Worst is whn ur file is at a LVO , they know absolutely nothing ...And CSE..it’s like keep raising cse’s , flood us with your emails and u know what ...we will never respond!

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
How about gcms?
GCMS only give you a snapshot a month ago. I like getting GCMS notes as it keeps me informed but nothing else. It does not do anything. It may/may not help trigger something if there is something to be updated but I don't think that it will trigger a file review by an IO (this is only an opinion).

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
GCMS only give you a snapshot a month ago. I like getting GCMS notes as it keeps me informed but nothing else. It does not do anything. It may/may not help trigger something if there is something to be updated but I don't think that it will trigger a file review by an IO (this is only an opinion).
Agree. I have ordered 5 gcms notes till date with the latest that I received today. Has triggered nothing but depression. File is untouched for months.same story repeats every gcms.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Agree. I have ordered 5 gcms notes till date with the latest that I received today. Has triggered nothing but depression. File is untouched for months.same story repeats every gcms.
When I say trigger -- I mean something like if they requested an ADR from you and the IO have not seen it then when the IO is reviewing the notes for release then they may make that simple update. Then again, it may be a mere coincidence. I have ordered 3 with the 4th on it's way tomorrow (hopefully) - would have been 5th if I didn't mistakenly order a copy of my file (lol). This helps me see when they do no redact something earlier and then in a later notes they decided to redact something that they didn't redact earlier.