+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what tests are done in under medical tests

Rohan007

Feb 5, 2019
Hi All, I got a work permit 2 months back and for that, have done visa medicals in Aug 18 and didn't travel till now. Now we have raised PR with me as primary applicant and got ITA. When booked for visa medicals for PR, hospital authorities is not allowing to do medicals for me as they conveyed it will be duplicate and can do only after Aug mid.Is it true.. should I have to take medical again or already present is fine for PR submission?Medical taken is for worker category for work permit visa.I only got an acknowledgement from the hospital for the medicals. Please help.

Sterin joy

Oct 23, 2019
Dear Mohit,

The entire thing is a simple process and gets over by 30-45 minutes. Unless u have a medical history of serious illnesses, u'd be thru w/out any hassle. Here's what they check:

Extract from the Medical Request letter of CHC:
Quote/
7. The Designated Medical Practitioner will arrange for the following tests:

- Large PA chest X-ray together with a radiologist's report for any person 11 yrs of age or older.
- Blood test (VDRL or similar test) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- A Urinalysis (sugar, protein, blood) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- HIV test for any person 15 yrs of age or older, children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother, and all potential adoptees.

8. Additional tests may be required if a medical condition is identified. The Immigration Medical Services have provided guidelines to the examining physician, detailing medical situations/conditions which require additional tests. Allowing the examining physician to follow the guidelines at the initial appointment will expedite your application.
Unquote/

Besides the above, there will also be an 'Eye Test'. It is just a long distance reading of the Vission Table.

Hope that helps.
Is "HLV -B27" Gene is a problem for ielts

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi ,
I have a doubt about Blood test.i got the presence of "HLV - B27" Gene in my blood
Maybe a bit more information given doubt there are many medical professonals here who know what HLV-B27 is.

Plus assume you realise IELTS is a langauge test so not sure how a blood condition / gene affects that ?

Tastewoolahra

Nov 11, 2019
Hi, i got HIV +, im being treated for 2 years so far and deductibles l, it means I cannot transfer it to anyone else, im taking medicine daily.
so could you please tell me, any problems for my working visa and PR later?? I’m doing paperwork now and waiting for working visa to go to Canada.. please help me