+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I set Proof of Funds to?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi,

I have 1 year of Canadian work experience + a job offer, so I shouldn't have to declare any proof of funds. However, if I set the Funds in my application to the actual amount I have (about $15K CAD) will I be expected to show proof of this?

Or should I simply set my Funds to $0?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi,

I have 1 year of Canadian work experience + a job offer, so I shouldn't have to declare any proof of funds. However, if I set the Funds in my application to the actual amount I have (about $15K CAD) will I be expected to show proof of this?

Or should I simply set my Funds to $0?
You have to put the funds to C$ 0 and explain in the LOE that you are a CEC applicant. If you put C$15k, they would expect you to show proof for it. Don't forget to mention in a letter that you are a CEC applicant.

//You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

• are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money.

Letter(s) must list:

• all current bank and investment accounts
  • outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.//

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, good to know! I will change my funds to $0. However, how do I know which category I will receive my ITA for? As stated, I'm meeting the requirements for both FSW and CEC.
Disregard what the other poster stated. It doesn't matter which amount you state, just upload the letter stating that you're a CEC applicant in the POF placeholder or the LOE if applicable.

If you're eligible for both programs you'll receive an ITA under the CEC program.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Disregard what the other poster stated. It doesn't matter which amount you state, just upload the letter stating that you're a CEC applicant in the POF placeholder or the LOE if applicable.

If you're eligible for both programs you'll receive an ITA under the CEC program.
Good to hear, I will just leave it at $0 then and upload the LOE stating I receive my ITA through the CEC category, with eligible job offer.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018

These are the rules put forth in the CIC website.

//Can I be eligible for more than one program under Express Entry?
Yes. Depending on the information in your profile, you may be eligible for more than one program through Express Entry.

In that case, you will be invited to apply for one program based on this order:

• Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), then
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
For example:

• If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter.

If you decline the invitation, the system will not re-invite you under the next program. You will go back in the pool, and if we invite you again, the same order will apply.//

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These are the rules put forth in the CIC website.

//Can I be eligible for more than one program under Express Entry?
Yes. Depending on the information in your profile, you may be eligible for more than one program through Express Entry.

In that case, you will be invited to apply for one program based on this order:

• Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), then
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
For example:

• If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter.

If you decline the invitation, the system will not re-invite you under the next program. You will go back in the pool, and if we invite you again, the same order will apply.//
It shocks me that you found the right link and still gave the wrong advice.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
It shocks me that you found the right link and still gave the wrong advice.
Have they mentioned anywhere tht you can provide C$15k as the funds you have and just not show the POF. It is only logical that you put C$ 0 and provide a letter that you are in CEC. Mentioning that C$15k is the funds you have doesn't feel logical to me. Also, I clearly stated that the program OP is invited for, will be in the ITA. Is it not true?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I think it makes sense if they're asking how much money I'm bringing + proof of this, and I don't have any proof, as far as they're concerned I will have $0. So I'll just enter $0 :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have they mentioned anywhere tht you can provide C$15k as the funds you have and just not show the POF. It is only logical that you put C$ 0 and provide a letter that you are in CEC. Mentioning that C$15k is the funds you have doesn't feel logical to me. Also, I clearly stated that the program OP is invited for, will be in the ITA. Is it not true?
The program he will be invited for is the CEC program, period.

I don't care what is logical to you. It DOES NOT matter which amount is stated in the "how much money you'll bring to Canada" question, saying "If you put C$15k, they would expect you to show proof for it." is NOT true and is simply misleading advice.

I am getting extremely tired of having to correct you.