+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I select in IMM5710 Question 3?

Blackearth

Mar 10, 2021
Hi,
I am currently on study permit and my wife is on open work permit, and she is currently working in Canada. Recently I applied for my study permit extension and my wife's OWP extension. I was the main applicant. In the form imm5710e (for my wife) was a question: "I am applying for one or more of the following: 1) Apply for a work permit with the same employer 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer 3) Restore my status as a worker 4) Get a new temporary resident permit".

I selected 1, as my thinking was - she is currently working for an employer. However, in the Details of intended work section in the same form, I selected "Open work permit" and left all other fields (related to information of the employer) blank. In the employment section, I provided her current employment information.

However, I am confused now since one of my friends told me that I should have selected 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer - since this is an application for an open work permit.

What should I do now?
Should I contact IRCC about this mistake? How should I contact them?

Reactions: Muhammad Shahrukh

Muhammad Shahrukh

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hi,
I am currently on study permit and my wife is on open work permit, and she is currently working in Canada. Recently I applied for my study permit extension and my wife's OWP extension. I was the main applicant. In the form imm5710e (for my wife) was a question: "I am applying for one or more of the following: 1) Apply for a work permit with the same employer 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer 3) Restore my status as a worker 4) Get a new temporary resident permit".

I selected 1, as my thinking was - she is currently working for an employer. However, in the Details of intended work section in the same form, I selected "Open work permit" and left all other fields (related to information of the employer) blank. In the employment section, I provided her current employment information.

However, I am confused now since one of my friends told me that I should have selected 2) Apply for a work permit for the first time or a new employer - since this is an application for an open work permit.

What should I do now?
Should I contact IRCC about this mistake? How should I contact them?
Hello,

Which one did you select as I am also confused?