+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should i reply when at Airport they ask how long you are staying?

geranimo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Hi

As i am going for soft landing (temporary stay - 15 days), what should be appropriate reply to immigration officer at Airport if they ask how long you are going to stay?

Please advise.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
If you are doing your landing for PR, don't mention it is a soft landing. They won't be asking for how long you intend to stay, you are going to be a PR, they are assuming you are here to stay forever.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

As i am going for soft landing (temporary stay - 15 days), what should be appropriate reply to immigration officer at Airport if they ask how long you are going to stay?

Please advise.
The answer is the same for any question from CBSA: the truth.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you are doing your landing for PR, don't mention it is a soft landing. They won't be asking for how long you intend to stay, you are going to be a PR, they are assuming you are here to stay forever.
CBSA believe or not are not stupid and they will be familiar with people who are possibly doing a soft landing, maybe only have a single suitcase for example. There is nothing against doing a soft landing but for sure everyone should answer any question honestly so if asked answer every question honestly. Only need to answer questions asked no need to volunteer anything.

Reactions: dotslash227