+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I put in my UIC number in this situation

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
I am applying for a study permit to go back to Canada. I have obtained a study permit 7 years ago but I did not complete my study and returned back to Vietnam (family issue). I am applying to go back to Canada but I will study at a different college this time. I don't know whether I should put in my IMM1294E document my file number (from the previous study permit and I am not sure if UIC and file number are the same things) or just put N/A. I am just afraid IRCC will think I want to cover up my past experience if I don't fill in which I know for sure they will find out eventually. Thank you for your help.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I am applying for a study permit to go back to Canada. I have obtained a study permit 7 years ago but I did not complete my study and returned back to Vietnam (family issue). I am applying to go back to Canada but I will study at a different college this time. I don't know whether I should put in my IMM1294E document my file number (from the previous study permit and I am not sure if UIC and file number are the same things) or just put N/A. I am just afraid IRCC will think I want to cover up my past experience if I don't fill in which I know for sure they will find out eventually. Thank you for your help.
UCI can be left empty if you don't remember it its not a problem.

But its on every document you ever received from IRCC, on study permit on correspondence letter, TRV in passport (no hyphens) etc.

It has either:
  • four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)

Reactions: VanHua

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
UCI can be left empty if you don't remember it its not a problem.

But its on every document you ever received from IRCC, on study permit on correspondence letter, TRV in passport (no hyphens) etc.

It has either:
  • four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)
Thank you, it is very helpful.