+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what should I do for my visa, PSGW?

wilson.z

Jul 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Now I am in an embarrassed conditon.
I came to canada in 2014 with a 4 years study permit and 4 years coop work permit.
However, my program include two degree, one is Bachelor and come with the Master.
Now I will have my Bachelor degree soon.
I many students will take one year off to work and come back to apply to Master in next Feb.

Finally, I find I probably will have visa issue......
:( :( :(
Will my study permit expired soon?If no, I guess I can work with my coop work permit.
If yes, I have to apply PSGW? The problem is: after I get the PSGW, next Feb is coming and I have to apply my study permit again in a really short time.....I don't know how will CIC think...
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot continue to work with you coop work permit for a year. You need to apply for a PGWP if you want to work for a year.

Note that you can only get a PGWP once. So if you get a PGWP after you Bachelor degree you cannot apply again after you finish your Masters.

wilson.z

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks Scylla.
After I get PGWP, If I apply study permit again just 3 or 4 months later( like get PGWP in Sept and apply study permit in Feb....)
is it possible? or it will make cic feels suspicious?

I am not sure I can get an formal job but i can get an internship.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
wilson.z said:
Thanks Scylla.
After I get PGWP, If I apply study permit again just 3 or 4 months later( like get PGWP in Sept and apply study permit in Feb....)
is it possible? or it will make cic feels suspicious?

I am not sure I can get an formal job but i can get an internship.
If you apply for new student permit a few months after get PGWP, you'll lose a important part of PGWP. I don't think you can put it "on hold".

If you want to continue studying, is better to not stop, finish your Master and, after that, apply for PGWP.

You can still working under Student/co-op permits conditions. I think you can work full time during student breaks (typically summer and Christmas), so If you plan to come back to study in a few months it's not advisable to get PGWP.

Be sure you meet conditions to work, like being full time student and being enrolled (for your Master inmediately after coming graduation)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=495&top=15
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp