+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should I bring to inland landing interview?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
A few things are mentioned in the landing letter:

Passport
Dependents if included
Interpreter if required
Sponsor
Need to pay the fee at the time if it hasn't been paid
2 Photos

However, I do believe there are other things that I should bring that hasn't been mentioned, no? I think I have heard that a copy of the landing letter, a copy of the reciept that I have payed the fees, and proof that we live on the same address (drivers licenses and/or a bill for example). I will provide my drivers license, my wife will provide hers but she has assumed my name on there, so not same name as in application. Would assume that's not an issue. Hopefully we can find a bill or something with her name just in case.

Other than this, anything else I should bring? Would assume CIC mentions everything in landing letter but apparently not.

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
Hi, I went on landing interview in October
You need

Id, best is a passport
2 pictures (I took two times, one in pharmaprix and second in Jean cotu, the one from pharmaprix was good)
Proof of payment

That was it.

It's 30 minutes, she will ask two questions to your wife and one to the sponsor ( do you still wanna sponsor your wife)

Then she will print some papers, she will become permanent resident

Good luck

That is it.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Dragana said:
Hi, I went on landing interview in October
You need

Id, best is a passport
2 pictures (I took two times, one in pharmaprix and second in Jean cotu, the one from pharmaprix was good)
Proof of payment

That was it.

It's 30 minutes, she will ask two questions to your wife and one to the sponsor ( do you still wanna sponsor your wife)

Then she will print some papers, she will become permanent resident

Good luck

That is it.
Thank you for your response. Photos from Jean Cotu was no good?

Anyone else?

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
I guess they make mistake in size, i did not like my first pic so I took another one then I realized that they are different size. Thank God I did not like my pic

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Dragana said:
I guess they make mistake in size, i did not like my first pic so I took another one then I realized that they are different size. Thank God I did not like my pic
The size of your face was different or the actual size of the photo? Also, was there a big difference or just few millimetres? Just curious since I am having issues with incompetent photographers as well :)

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
The size of my face. The size of the picture was the same.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
A few things are mentioned in the landing letter:

Passport
Dependents if included
Interpreter if required
Sponsor
Need to pay the fee at the time if it hasn't been paid
2 Photos

However, I do believe there are other things that I should bring that hasn't been mentioned, no? I think I have heard that a copy of the landing letter, a copy of the reciept that I have payed the fees, and proof that we live on the same address (drivers licenses and/or a bill for example). I will provide my drivers license, my wife will provide hers but she has assumed my name on there, so not same name as in application. Would assume that's not an issue. Hopefully we can find a bill or something with her name just in case.

Other than this, anything else I should bring? Would assume CIC mentions everything in landing letter but apparently not.
Don't overthink it, you only have to bring what they specified in the letter and with the extra docs you already intend to bring with you you will be just fine. The purpose of this landing interview is mostly to confirm that you two are still both in Canada and together as a couple, everything else is same as in outland landing. Congrats on finishing your long process.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Old work permits if you have.

Dragana

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 6 2015
I agree too, old work permit. And decision is already been made, you are getting PR 100%, they dont call you to tell you you been refused. It's all good.

8)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Dragana said:
I agree too, old work permit. And decision is already been made, you are getting PR 100%, they dont call you to tell you you been refused. It's all good.

8)
Not 100% :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragana said:

8)
Some people have in fact been denied/refused PR at the landing appointment. This is why the DM letter says that "...a final decision will be made at your landing interview".

It's rare, but it HAS happened.

Reactions: np08

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
My passport expired what else do I need to bring besides passport? Thank you

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
My passport expired what else do I need to bring besides passport? Thank you
As said in the other thread, you need to renew your passport. You need a valid passport when you land (it needs to be valid for at least 6 more months from when you land). Other things you will need to bring will all be listed in the instructions they send you.

TT TTT

Jul 25, 2019
Some people have in fact been denied/refused PR at the landing appointment. This is why the DM letter says that "...a final decision will be made at your landing interview".

It's rare, but it HAS happened.
Can you share the reasons of denial in cases you came accross?