+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What should be the my name on marriage certificate, with my surname or my husband's surname?

can_27

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
What should be the my name on marriage certificate, with my surname or my husband's surname?

My husband already have got the PPR and we just married and I will be added to his profile as he has not yet done his landing. My question is what should I be my surname on the marriage certificate my new surname which is from husband or my previous surname?

All my docs are with my family surname before marriage and if I get marriage certificate with my new husband's surname will there be any issue proving that I am the same person?

Karachi1978

Mar 28, 2017
All your documents and Marriage certificate should be in your family surname on or before marriage date. May your passport after marriage contains your husband surname. You have to submit an affidavit / Self Explanation document which should stating both the name are pointing to same person. Thats it.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Marriage certificate should have your maiden surname on it. You were still known by your maiden surname when you got married. Afterwards, if you choose to use your husband's surname, you can update your passport etc. But for the marriage certificate, it has to be your maiden surname.