+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What qualification should included for WES?

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
What qualification has to be done by WES? I have only evaluated my bachelors degree by WES. Someone told me it has to be complete educaiton from schooling to Degree? Is it right? or only degree is ok?

Appreciated your responses.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apart from Schooling evrything can be included in WES.

If your highest qualification is a degree then evaluate only Degree
If it Masters then, you need to evaluate Degree and Masters
Any Diplomas after Secondary can also be evaluated.

As per CIC requirement above three fits.

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
rams2me said:
apart from Schooling evrything can be included in WES.

If your highest qualification is a degree then evaluate only Degree
If it Masters then, you need to evaluate Degree and Masters
Any Diplomas after Secondary can also be evaluated.

As per CIC requirement above three fits.
If you have a Masters then I think it's ok if you don't evaluate your Bachelors too. I just got my Masters evaluated and entered one degree in the system and it automatically gave me full points for both education and skill transferability. So your highest degree should be fine. It won't hurt if you get both done but depending on some ppl's case it may not be so easy to request for transcripts/marksheets from your colleges especially when you live in a different place now.

rams2me

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CIC , any degree done outside Canada needs to be evaluated if you are not under CEC category .

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
rams2me said:
As per CIC , any degree done outside Canada needs to be evaluated if you are not under CEC category .
I read the language on the CIC website again and no where it says you need to evaluate all your degrees. It just says you will get points only for the highest evaluated degree if it is outside Canada. So if I evaluate my Masters and don't evaluate Bachelors - it should be ok as I am anyways getting more points for my Masters and I can't really get extra points for Bachelors again. So the highest degree that is evaluated will determine how many points you will get. More specifically, this is the language:
"You will only get points on the FSW selection grid for your highest completed Canadian educational credentials shown in the ECA report."
This is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

The other thing is only the FSW program requires you to evaluate your education if it is outside of Canada while the other two - CEC and FSTP - don't require you to do ECA but can give you extra points if you get it done. So let me know if you think otherwise?

Sammy12

Nov 16, 2014
is there anyone aware of 3 year diploma in computer engg from State board of technical education & industrial training after 10th. please try to throw some light with your knowledge