+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What proof of funds can students show at the Canadian border?

johnny123123123

Apr 9, 2014
What proof of funds can students show at the Canadian border?

My proof of funds is my father's bank statement from a foreign bank, which I used to get my study visa.

Is it okay to show just that at the border?

Thanks.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the POE u need to show the fund either by bank draft or evidence that it is already in canadian bank account. Knowingfully u are a student u must be able to show you are with living cost with evidence of part payment of tuition.

johnny123123123

Apr 9, 2014
I believe my father's bank statement should work since I can withdraw money from his foreign bank account in any ATM machine supporting master cards in Canada.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Practically it shld be, but in reality it is not. Remember that having introduction letter does not guarantee study permit automatically. There are certain condition u need to meet at the POE, fund is part of it. So if u still think u can risk it fine we may have u as an experienced member whom other may rely/or not. Just let us know if u are through.

ola1974

May 21, 2014
NIGERIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Take it easy. This forum is friendly. When advice is given & not suitable the option is to take it or not, better we may open another forum, reframe issue for precise person that did such in the past. It is a simple matter. Every advice here is stand to be corrected. We just been trying to help one another with piece of advice. Good luck all the same.

johnny123123123

Apr 9, 2014
Sorry about that - of course we are only here to help each other :) and I highly appreciate it. Anyhow, I believe that the same POF used to get the visa can be used at the border as stated here [1]. Thank you for your time and participation.

[1] http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

johnny123123123 said:
Sorry about that - of course we are only here to help each other :) and I highly appreciate it. Anyhow, I believe that the same POF used to get the visa can be used at the border as stated here [1]. Thank you for your time and participation.

[1] http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

All you need to show LOI, LOA & PP with TRV. Nothing else.

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
I remember that at POE the officer didn't even see my letter of introduction!

Apart from that, he asked me if I paid the tuition and got a receipt. I said I paid some of the tuition online using MasterCard (from a foreign bank account.. not a Canadian one). He didn't say anything about that!

I don't think they don't go into too much details unless there is something suspicious or you say something really dumb! They just want to confirm that you still meet the requirements so bank statements from a foreign bank should be fine (I even doubt that he would ask about it)!!