+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What "Original documents" required for the interview?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Feedback is appreciated..

For the citizenship test day & interview, other than my original documents (record of landing, PR card, certificates..etc.), do I need to get kids original documents too? I mean I can't get original shool records anyways! copies that I have submitted with original family application are actually "copies" of copies! original school records remain within the school I guess!
Also, should I get my kids passports, PR cards, record of landing..etc. originals?

Seniors please have an input here :)

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
I don't know what is your local office, it may vary office by office / agent by agent.
In my personal experience Test Letter, PR Card, Landing Paper & PP for adults are sufficient. They never asked for kids documents but you can take it, to be on safe side.
Only PR Card and landing paper along with PP was asked at door and interview. We carried all other documents like kids PP, school records etc out of uncertainty but never asked or bothered about it.
We do get a printout of school index records here in Toronto, that serves as original. If you don't have it, keep the "copies" as originals. You will not need it though.
I haven't submitted anything else with application, so can't comment about certificates etc...

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
I don't know what is your local office, it may vary office by office / agent by agent.
In my personal experience Test Letter, PR Card, Landing Paper & PP for adults are sufficient. They never asked for kids documents but you can take it, to be on safe side.
Only PR Card and landing paper along with PP was asked at door and interview. We carried all other documents like kids PP, school records etc out of uncertainty but never asked or bothered about it.
We do get a printout of school index records here in Toronto, that serves as original. If you don't have it, keep the "copies" as originals. You will not need it though.
I haven't submitted anything else with application, so can't comment about certificates etc...
Hey thanks for your reply .. very informative :)
My local office is Ottawa .. and I will try to take almost all documents "as possible" for myself and my dependents just in case.

Thanks again for your response, I really appreciate it

walidraymond

Nov 11, 2014
school age

hi all
I am planning to submit my application on October, my son is six and half years old so he is jointing the school now
my question is: do I have to wait to get his school record to be attached or it is not required since he didn't complete his grade 1??

any body can help pleaseeeeeeee

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12om3 said:
Hey thanks for your reply .. very informative :)
My local office is Ottawa .. and I will try to take almost all documents "as possible" for myself and my dependents just in case.

Thanks again for your response, I really appreciate it
my recommendation is to take

1- NOA's for the past 3,4 years
2- T4's
3- Employment letter if you have one

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
RajevSantik said:
my recommendation is to take

1- NOA's for the past 3,4 years
2- T4's
3- Employment letter if you have one
Agreed. #1 and #3 especially helped me at my interview.

daniel w

Aug 28, 2015
I applied citizenship in june 2015.I got letter for test and interview on 21st sept.But from last 4 to 5 years.I am selfemployed or cash worker.they allready have my tax information because i applied after the new citizenship act.so which document i can provide them

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donvalley said:
They asked for my Son's Passport, PR, Landing paper and His Care Card which i added as secondary ID.
I took my Son's birth certificate and School Letter , copy of which i send with my application. But they never looked into that.

For myself too, they just checked Passport, PR, Landing Paper and Driving licence.

I took my original degree certificated and original school letters for English proficiency, but they didn't checked anything.