+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What options do I have if my visa doesn't come in time for Jan intake?

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hello,

I applied for student permit a week ago under SDS category for Jan intake. My profile is complete and I have furnished biometrics and medical as well. Now, it can't be ruled out with everything that's going on that my visa will not come in time for Jan intake. So, my question is :

1). What options are available for me if study permit doesn't come in time?

2).Is there a way to deferring my program to Sept intake while my visa is still under processing? If there is, what is the procedure for that?

3) Does anyone know how long is it taking to process complete applications?

Please do share if anyone has any insight. Thanks in advance.

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hello,

I applied for student permit a week ago under SDS category for Jan intake. My profile is complete and I have furnished biometrics and medical as well. Now, it can't be ruled out with everything that's going on that my visa will not come in time for Jan intake. So, my question is :

2).Is there a way to deferring my program to Sept intake while my visa is still under processing? If there is, what is the procedure for that?

As someone who applied in March 2020, I feel experienced enough to answer all your questions.

1. The best option is to defer (since you've no intention of withdrawing.)
2. After you've successfully deferred and have the new LOA, raise a request via the Webform asking them to update the doc stating the reason.
3. I've applied under SDS category since it takes less than a month(usually) but COVID happened and increased that time to 20weeks then 32. I now lost the count of the number of weeks passed.
Good Luck

Reactions: Arshi_n

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
As someone who applied in March 2020, I feel experienced enough to answer all your questions.

1. The best option is to defer (since you've no intention of withdrawing.)
2. After you've successfully deferred and have the new LOA, raise a request via the Webform asking them to update the doc stating the reason.
3. I've applied under SDS category since it takes less than a month(usually) but COVID happened and increased that time to 20weeks then 32. I now lost the count of the number of weeks passed.
Good Luck
That is really helpful, thank you so much :)
And Good luck to you too.

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
You can deffer but if you are confident enough that your profile is good and will get approval and wanna take risk, you can start your classes online.
You don't need approval to join your classes online and the time will still be counted till your PGWP. (If you are not aware of the policy changes, you can go through the details on IRCC website)

But if you want to be risk free, then it's always a good option to deffer.

Dhruvjikkar

Aug 17, 2019
Hello,

I submitted my complete application
Received AIP on 3rd September
Started online studies from india
University got corona approval also
Than college gave deadline to withdraw before 1st December of 2nd stage approval is pending so i did that and now will start again studying from rhe start of semester 1
So i would advise dont start studying before recieving full approval it just waste of your time