+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What materials are needed for Canada Visa?

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
Hi all

I hired a consultant company to process the PR or PR related visa materials for me, and I found that Canada government requires a ton of detailed materials, in my opinion, it is even restrict than the US visa application.

For example, it requires my past 10 years addresses, my middle school names and time, parents’ birth location, etc.

I mean the employment verification letter, police certificate, funds proof, etc. make sense to me. But my parents’ birthday and location? I found it quite uncomfortable, and not just me, even my parents felt super strange

Is there a place to see why these documents are required? Thanks

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all

I hired a consultant company to process the visa materials for me, and I found that Canada government requires a ton of detailed materials, in my opinion, it is even restrict than the US visa application.

For example, it requires my past 10 years addresses, my middle school names and time, parents’ birth location, etc. I mean the employment verification letter, police certificate etc. make sense to me. But my parents’ birthday and location? I found it quite uncomfortable, and not just me, even my parents felt super strange

What visa? You are posting under immigration, which is not a visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
sorry, it should be PR or PR related visa application, I am not sure what the consultant company applied for me
So what program were you invited through - Express Entry? If EE, post questions under Express Entry. You will get more accurate responses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sorry, it should be PR or PR related visa application, I am not sure what the consultant company applied for me
Yes, this level of information is required if you are applying for PR. If you are not comfortable providing it then applying for PR isn't going to be an option for you. You can see the full requirements on the IRCC web site. You will need to know which actual program you are applying under.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks I read this document already, but it did not say the details I mentioned above
You need to read the full details of the program. Not just that page. If you aren't going to click on links and read everything, then hire an immigration lawyer to do this for you. For example, here's one page with more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5759-application-permanent-residence-business-immigration-program-start-business-class.html

Reactions: YVR123

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi all

I hired a consultant company to process the PR or PR related visa materials for me, and I found that Canada government requires a ton of detailed materials, in my opinion, it is even restrict than the US visa application.

For example, it requires my past 10 years addresses, my middle school names and time, parents’ birth location, etc.

I mean the employment verification letter, police certificate, funds proof, etc. make sense to me. But my parents’ birthday and location? I found it quite uncomfortable, and not just me, even my parents felt super strange

Parent and sibling information is used for future applications related to them and yourself (Super Visa, PR , etc) not sure why identifying this makes you uncomfortable, but the intention is to protect the integrity of the program and Canadians from fraudulent activities. If you want the PR, then you're going to have to supply that data....simple as that.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
And if IRCC questions make you uncomfortable, wait till you start dealing with CRA who are going to track your address, employers, earnings, taxes, transfers, deposits, investmens and trust funds....foreign and domestic.

Reactions: bellaluna