+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What makes us to wish to Immigrate to Canada?

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

We have been watching a lot of threads regarding different topics, and recently a lot of them guessing scores and predicting what may happen in the future draws, multiple topics referring to same content and so on. All of us belongs to different parts of the world with different educational background and cultures but we all have one thing in common, we all wish to immigrate to Canada, so lets discuss and share our reasons why we want to immigrate, despite the fact that Canada has less jobs, its too cold and survival is tough with lack of white collar/ desired jobs and taxes, it can be in the following format:

1. Our profession and number of experience.
2. Number of dependents immigrating with us and
3. Reason why we want to immigrate to Canada !

This might help us to know several reasons why one wants to goto Canada.

Best of luck

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like everybody is so busy predicting draws they don't have time for any constructive discussion lol

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
i hate those emotional and wishful "predictions", sparks up people's internal fear and emotion and makes no difference to the situation.

1. Mechanical/Manufacturing

2. 0

3. I've been studied and worked in Canada for close to 8 years. I love that Canada is as diverse as it gets. From people (cultures, ethnic background) to environment (South/North Ontario, Prairies, BC LowerMainland looks completely different) People are considerate, friendly and helpful (for the most part lol). With all that in mind, the cold and snow (I'm in south Sask.) is a small price to pay.

I actually think Canada has job opportunity. Maybe not the amount (that fluctuates with the economy a lot), but the diversity. There are all kinds of industries (high-tech, heavy manufacturing, energy, etc.) and businesses. Not locally for some places (like fort Mac or some oil towns), generally speaking that's what I see. And that's a good thing.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
I have similar story as mf4361.
1. Biochemistry / Chemical Engineer
2. 0 (just me)
3. I have been living in Canada for almost 9 years (first 7 years was spent in Saskatoon, SK) then moved to Alberta.
It's mostly the work ethic and how people treating people better. In bigger city, there is a bit discrimination on who is making more money than who, so then if you don't have money, it's kinda hard for you to enjoy life while everyone else is asking you to do things with them, as a friend, since if you don't hang out with them too often, they mostly don't consider you as a friend. On the other hand, living in big city gives you more opportunity to jobs, free training/consultation, and networking opportunity. Snow and the cold can be tolerated, you will get use to it after a year or two living here.
I know it's hard to live by yourself as if you lose your job (especially this time, due to economy fluctuation), you have to be ready to pick up any kind of job (including flipping burgers, dishwashing, or janitor). You have no one to give you free rent and free food, and there's possibility that you have to work 2-3 jobs at the same time. But, for me it's the freedom of speech. I came from a country with a thick culture. Family involves so much in your decision making, you won't be able to think for yourself but everyone in the family. So for me, to be able to live alone, making decision for myself and not blindly following what the elder suggest, is a great satisfaction. I could find out what I really want and make the full of my life as life is short already, so why wasting it for other people? It's just my opinion

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juliegunawan said:
I have similar story as mf4361.
1. Biochemistry / Chemical Engineer
2. 0 (just me)
3. I have been living in Canada for almost 9 years (first 7 years was spent in Saskatoon, SK) then moved to Alberta.
It's mostly the work ethic and how people treating people better. In bigger city, there is a bit discrimination on who is making more money than who, so then if you don't have money, it's kinda hard for you to enjoy life while everyone else is asking you to do things with them, as a friend, since if you don't hang out with them too often, they mostly don't consider you as a friend. On the other hand, living in big city gives you more opportunity to jobs, free training/consultation, and networking opportunity. Snow and the cold can be tolerated, you will get use to it after a year or two living here.
I know it's hard to live by yourself as if you lose your job (especially this time, due to economy fluctuation), you have to be ready to pick up any kind of job (including flipping burgers, dishwashing, or janitor). You have no one to give you free rent and free food, and there's possibility that you have to work 2-3 jobs at the same time. But, for me it's the freedom of speech. I came from a country with a thick culture. Family involves so much in your decision making, you won't be able to think for yourself but everyone in the family. So for me, to be able to live alone, making decision for myself and not blindly following what the elder suggest, is a great satisfaction. I could find out what I really want and make the full of my life as life is short already, so why wasting it for other people? It's just my opinion
Great! Do you need some kind of license to practice your profession as an engineer?

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
Hi mbakhan,

Yes I do need a membership with engineering association, depending on the province.
I am not practicing engineering at the moment, so I don't have the license, but I'm trying to get some.
Where do you live? Are you trying to get any license in Canada?

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juliegunawan said:
Hi mbakhan,d

Yes I do need a membership with engineering association, depending on the province.
I am not practicing engineering at the moment, so I don't have the license, but I'm trying to get some.
Where do you live? Are you trying to get any license in Canada?
I am not in Canada, but I am an Electronics Engineer, and I am concerned with the license and if it requires some test, also I believe it won't be easy to find job if I get there

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
To register as engineer in Canada, you will need to have 4 years of experiences under a P.Eng. and then take an exam with the engineer association of your province. IIRC, all requires at least 1 year in Canada experience to qualify for the exam. (So if you have some years of experiences overseas, max it will count 3 years. Some exceptions)

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
To register as engineer in Canada, you will need to have 4 years of experiences under a P.Eng. and then take an exam with the engineer association of your province. IIRC, all requires at least 1 year in Canada experience to qualify for the exam. (So if you have some years of experiences overseas, max it will count 3 years. Some exceptions)
I heard they will exempt four out of five years, can you give me a link where I can go and get some info? Who will give you job if you don't have the license then?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I want to go back for a couple of reasons. Mostly we were there for 2 years and fell in love with it. We had friends there, a life, great jobs... if the LMIA had been positive we would be there now. (FYI my boss still hasn't replaced me)

I want to go back to settle, have kids, give them a great life. I can't go back to the UK.

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I feel with recent changes and immigration program overhauling, it seems Canada might have better career opportunities:

1) I am in Information Technology (NOC 2172) with 12+ Years of Exp.
2) No. of immigrants will be 3 which is my immediate family (of course if got ITA.. ;D)
3) Better career, education for Kid and a little better life. I know there will be initial struggling

Moreover, career wise I feel saturated as a techie and recent overhaul of immigration system has given indication of having more opportunities with better economic conditions in Canada. I feel education system and facilities are far better in Canada than many parts of the world.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
mbakhan said:
I heard they will exempt four out of five years, can you give me a link where I can go and get some info? Who will give you job if you don't have the license then?
I am not sure about that p. eng. designation, as I'm trying to register as an EIT (just graduated like 2 years ago).
Which province are you thinking of moving?
Every province has their own engineering designation (which means if you want to work in more than 1 province, you need to get license from each province you wanted to work for).
Google them:
for BC - APEGBC
for AB - APEGGA
for SK - APEGS
etc.

Who will give you job if you don't have any license? Well, that's up to you how you make connection. Networking is really important and that what makes it hard for people to get a job if you don't have any friends to help. Which in my case, I was living in SK and then moved to AB, where I knew anyone. I had to work as whatever while making connections. It takes time to build trust.
Lots of people I know also work in the retail/coffee shop, try to talk to people and keep in touch with their customers before they could get into the company.
Volunteering also helps to find a job to make connections. Lots of people don't like the idea of "working for free" thing, but you have to sacrifice something before you get something.
The best way is to join your country's association and hopefully anyone could help you. you might be meeting your seniors, friend's friend, or relatives that you never heard of, but anything can happen, you just need to get out there and try :)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
mbakhan said:
Check this out

https://www.engineerscanada.ca/international-engineering-graduates-0

I think exemption is 3 out of 4 years.

For some of the job nature, you don't need license to work, or you will work under a P.Eng. so s/he will approve your work anyway. But my believe is a P.Eng. designation will help so much in an employer's confidence. (Even E.I.T. registration will help in job search)

There is no way you can tell, until you try it.