+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What kind of visa for post-doc to go a conference in canada?

leemoon

Aug 7, 2017
Hello all, I am post-doc and I have a plan to go to Canada to attend a conference. What visa type for my case? What kind of documents to apply for my visa? I am the foreigner. Thanks all

leemoon

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks so much. I have one confusing. In the question "Did your representative give you a submission letter? " What answer should I choose? I just go to the conference that gives me an invitation letter. I must pay all fee for all my trip, without any support.
One more thing, the purpose of my visit should be visit or tourism?

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks so much. I have one confusing. In the question "Did your representative give you a submission letter? " What answer should I choose? I just go to the conference that gives me an invitation letter. I must pay all fee for all my trip, without any support.
A "representative" in CIC's terms is someone who is applying for your TRV for you. Are you sure this is what the question says?

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa

Seems like you are going to present a poster over there.

Ask the organizing committee of the conference to give you a letter of invitation/ participation in the conference.

Be ready with proof of funds, accommodation details and air tickets , and the above letter, and apply for a TRV.

Mention in the letter of explanation , that you are enrolled in a post doc at your home country and just coming for a small visit.

Reactions: leemoon

leemoon

Aug 7, 2017
Great. So you mean letter of invitation, proof of funds, and air tickets are equivalent to the representative documents. Is it right?
For proof of funds, do they require how much do I need have in bank account? I just have about 3000 USD.

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Great. So you mean letter of invitation, proof of funds, and air tickets are equivalent to the representative documents. Is it right?
For proof of funds, do they require how much do I need have in bank account? I just have about 3000 USD.
For how long you plan to stay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
CAD 3,000 seems to be on the lower side for your visit.

You'll need to prove that you have the finances to pay for airfare + hotel + day-by-day itinerary + a bit of surplus funds.

Explanations must be backed by evidence. This means you must prove that you will benefit by attending this conference + evidence that you are a post-doc student (synopsis + stipend/grant + leave approval letter from your research supervisor, etc etc)

Reactions: IndianCanadian16