+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what kind of trade certification do i need for a work visa

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unlikely. to Be recognized as a skilled tradesman, you would require a journeyman certificate or recognized equivalent. For welding that would be 4724 hours practical experience plus the 24 weeks of technical training over 3 years. It’s the practical experience that would limit your qualifications. You would need to back up the training ( which looks pretty basic) with at least a year of practical experience before you would be considered “skilled”.

Reactions: foodie69

chris88a

May 15, 2019
Unlikely. to Be recognized as a skilled tradesman, you would require a journeyman certificate or recognized equivalent. For welding that would be 4724 hours practical experience plus the 24 weeks of technical training over 3 years. It’s the practical experience that would limit your qualifications. You would need to back up the training ( which looks pretty basic) with at least a year of practical experience before you would be considered “skilled”.
What about a student visa? Can you use a degree from a canadian trade school to get a work visa?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Apprenticeships are only available to Canadian citizens and permenent residents to become a tradesman. You could try for a pre trade training program with a student visa, but they are generally less than a year long. There is no degree program for trades.

chris88a

May 15, 2019
Apprenticeships are only available to Canadian citizens and permenent residents to become a tradesman. You could try for a pre trade training program with a student visa, but they are generally less than a year long. There is no degree program for trades.
Are there any agencies or other ways i can find unskilled labor job offers to get a work visa. Is there a way to find a job offer without physically crossing the border. I want in Canadian citizenship eventually I don't want to come back to the US once I'm in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are there any agencies or other ways i can find unskilled labor job offers to get a work visa. Is there a way to find a job offer without physically crossing the border. I want in Canadian citizenship eventually I don't want to come back to the US once I'm in Canada.
There are no reputable agencies - any agency that contacts you is a scam. Reputable agencies only work with individuals who are already Canadian citizens or PRs - or are highly skilled and in very specialized fields. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find a job in Canada (even if you are here in person). If you want to move to Canada, I would recommend that you focus on applying to immigrate - instead of trying to get a work permit.

Reactions: chris88a

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Canada is looking for skilled people, not unskilled labour, we have enough of that.
So no, there is no easy way, and qualifying for citizenship, you are a long way off, buddy.