+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what kind of odd jobs an engineer can do ?

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
So, after spending lots of time searching for jobs in my engineering fiels in vein, I now started to face the music and look for survival jobs.

as experienced engineer what kind of odd/survival jobs that is approperiate, i mean i am good at using computer softwares and hardwares,good in reading complex scientific charts and drawings.

what kind of jobs that doesnt include hard physical labour can an experienced engineer do?

Jul 2, 2016
where are you located? this is a serious concern for new immigrants since generally most had successful or progressing careers in their home country, then they go to canada and suddenly its very difficult esp. if you have a family ; my 'canada returnee' friend was a civil engineer earning six figure US$ per year before he left for canada and this guy used to work on government funded infrastructure projects that are large scale and come with lot of experience --> then he landed in toronto and like you after searching for engineering jobs in vain he landed himself a CA$ 15/hour job in a packing line position and he felt so ashamed --> he spent a year and left the canada dream behind him for good.
maybe the 'canada survivees' can give some helpful points on Yorker13 question above.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Actually there is no job in Canada now for new comers. Most of the people go back to their home country, since they could not able to find job in Canada.

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
54321 said:
where are you located? this is a serious concern for new immigrants since generally most had successful or progressing careers in their home country, then they go to canada and suddenly its very difficult esp. if you have a family ; my 'canada returnee' friend was a civil engineer earning six figure US$ per year before he left for canada and this guy used to work on government funded infrastructure projects that are large scale and come with lot of experience --> then he landed in toronto and like you after searching for engineering jobs in vain he landed himself a CA$ 15/hour job in a packing line position and he felt so ashamed --> he spent a year and left the canada dream behind him for good.
maybe the 'canada survivees' can give some helpful points on Yorker13 question above.
I am in Toronto,

Your friend's story is exactly same as mine, I used to work for an international EPC company in UAE who only take Mega Projects, the project I was working at was 1 Billion $ oil pipeline and oil terminal construction project,i made a big mistake and jumped out of that project seeking the Canadian dream in vein . I resisted to work on odd jobs but now have no other alternatives hence my question in this thread?!

I am now contacting Security guard training centers,as a friend told me at least I can work on weekends while I search for other jobs

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yorker13 said:
I am in Toronto,

Your friend's story is exactly same as mine, I used to work for an international EPC company in UAE who only take Mega Projects, the project I was working at was 1 Billion $ oil pipeline and oil terminal construction project,i made a big mistake and jumped out of that project seeking the Canadian dream in vein . I resisted to work on odd jobs but now have no other alternatives hence my question in this thread?!

I am now contacting Security guard training centers,as a friend told me at least I can work on weekends while I search for other jobs
more people need to be brave and post on this forum that Canada is not necessarily a ticket to a golden future , that things will not be easy and may not ever live up to expectations.

Good luck anyway , keep at it even if you need to follow a different professional path to succeed.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yorker13 said:
I am in Toronto,

any good with elevators as seems shortage engineers in Toronto according this article http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/toronto-elevator-technicians-1.3705578

AbiAbiAzam

Aug 15, 2016
Yorker13 said:
So, after spending lots of time searching for jobs in my engineering fiels in vein, I now started to face the music and look for survival jobs.

as experienced engineer what kind of odd/survival jobs that is approperiate, i mean i am good at using computer softwares and hardwares,good in reading complex scientific charts and drawings.

what kind of jobs that doesnt include hard physical labour can an experienced engineer do?
Have you looked into sanitational engineer?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I realized is employers prefer guys who have Canadian experience or Canadian education. I did my studies from Canada and it was easy for me to get a job that too without having any previous work experience. Especially, in big cities like Toronto, Vancouver, its hard to find jobs. Its comparatively easier in provinces like sask. I came across so many cases that people struggle to find a job after having 6-7 years of experience.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can search for draftperson jobs may be if you are familiar with autoCAD and all.
Yorker13 said: