+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What kind of interview is this?

kspenn0919

Sep 17, 2019
So I received an email from immigration:

Following a review of your application, it has been determined that an interview with a migration officer will be required to assess whether you meet the requirements for a permanent resident visa.

We have scheduled an interview for you on March 2020 at 2 PM at the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada.

Please bring the following with you to your interview:

o Printed copy of this interview letter
o Two (2) valid IDs

Another question is, why they did not ask me to bring proof of relationship if this interview is spousal?

Thnk you in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Following a review of your application, it has been determined that an interview with a migration officer will be required to assess whether you meet the requirements for a permanent resident visa.

We have scheduled an interview for you on March 2020 at 2 PM at the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada.

o Two (2) valid IDs

Another question is, why they did not ask me to bring proof of relationship if this interview is spousal?

Thnk you in advance
It might not be about the relationship. Any other issues or red flags? Criminal history?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It doesn't sound like a relationship interview per your letter. Sounds more basic eligibility - would agree with @canuck_in_uk, it could be a criminality issue or other inadmissibility.

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020

o Two (2) valid IDs

Thnk you in advance
I received the same email for an interview, they didnt asked me to bring additional documents. When is your interview and where is your visa office?