+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What jobs can I apply to with a Post Graduate Work Permit?

acbarnes

May 31, 2012
Hi all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place, and I couldn't seem to find a similar topic in the forums.

I have a few questions with respect to the Post Graduation Work Permit.

1: I see conflicting information with regards to "working in your field of study" and there being no restriction. For example, could I work in a coffee shop using this permit?

2: Can I apply for permanent positions using the post-graduate work permit, or must they be temporary? I keep seeing "there are no restrictions to the jobs you can apply for" (or something like that), but assume this is actually an answer for question 1. My understanding, unfortunately, is that I may not take a permanent position, even though I could easily qualify for permanent residency before my Post Graduate Work Permit expires (I am just about to recieve it for 2-3 years).

Cheers,

Alex

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

acbarnes said:
Hi all,

Hopefully I've posted this in the right place, and I couldn't seem to find a similar topic in the forums.

I have a few questions with respect to the Post Graduation Work Permit.

1: I see conflicting information with regards to "working in your field of study" and there being no restriction. For example, could I work in a coffee shop using this permit?

2: Can I apply for permanent positions using the post-graduate work permit, or must they be temporary? I keep seeing "there are no restrictions to the jobs you can apply for" (or something like that), but assume this is actually an answer for question 1. My understanding, unfortunately, is that I may not take a permanent position, even though I could easily qualify for permanent residency before my Post Graduate Work Permit expires (I am just about to recieve it for 2-3 years).

Cheers,

Alex
1. Yes, where ever you want.
2. Sure, why not, although the company may not give you a permanent position when they see you have a work permit.