+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What jobs are LMIA approved???

lin123

Feb 23, 2015
Hi guys!

Can anybody who's received a positive LMIA let us know what their NOC code is??? Atleast people who are thinking about asking their employers to apply for them will have an idea if they are likely to be approved or not.

Thanks.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not depend on NOC code. It depends on the employer showing that s/he has been unable to recruit a Canadian citizen or PR.

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
yup..!!! there is no such list for LMIA. Any job that proves that there is no Canadian citizen or PR holder to do that job, will get a LMIA

lin123

Feb 23, 2015
Of course, but for example no employer can show that there are no canadian citizen for an admin assistant position.

So what are the likely positions that an employer can convince the government that they can't recruit a Canadian citizen or PR???

aaro27

Star Member
Feb 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29/01/2016
so far as I have seen and researched, the place where you are working matters more than position (not that position is nonsense). by that I mean if you are working in a remote area with less population your chances of getting an LMIA is higher than the urban areas

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
generally trades. Canada has a lack of tradespeople so its easier to prove they can't get a Canadian because generally, they can't.

jangsoonie

Mar 27, 2015
Has anyone seen LMIA approved for someone like my case?

Noc 1414 (Receptionist) in Calgary...

It's not remote nor high skilled/trades job. Also the job pays above average so is LMIA going to be nearly impossible for me?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
jangsoonie said:
Has anyone seen LMIA approved for someone like my case?

Noc 1414 (Receptionist) in Calgary...

It's not remote nor high skilled/trades job. Also the job pays above average so is LMIA going to be nearly impossible for me?
I don't know what an employer could do to prove he was unable to find a receptionist in Calgary. The job would have to have something extremely specialized in its duties. Isn't this NOC skill level C, in which case it would not qualify in EE stream.

jangsoonie

Mar 27, 2015
Pippin said:
I don't know what an employer could do to prove he was unable to find a receptionist in Calgary. The job would have to have something extremely specialized in its duties. Isn't this NOC skill level C, in which case it would not qualify in EE stream.
I'm in the PNP stream.. I just wanted to search through this forum and see if anyone else was approved.