+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the way to sponsor or invite sibling ?

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Hi All , I live in Ontario with my spouse and 2 kids. I want to bring my 32 yo brother.Unmarried Tried visitor 4 times and Student Refusal today . Could not get here since 7 yrs now ? Can you guys pease advice what should i do ? We have no other family members in India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All , I live in Ontario with my spouse and 2 kids. I want to bring my 32 yo brother.Unmarried Tried visitor 4 times and Student Refusal today . Could not get here since 7 yrs now ? Can you guys pease advice what should i do ? We have no other family members in India.
You cannot sponsor him. He needs to get TRV and study permit based on his own profile. So for TRV - funds, family ties (doesn’t have) so needs strong ties to return (business, employment letter with approved leave, investment properties), travel history etc. Maybe he should try and get a US travel visa and then travel to the US. You can meet him there. Then once he has done this then apply for Canadian TRV. This will give him immigration history and show he abides by immigration rules.

As for study permit, he applied for a PG certificate in events management which doesn’t build on his PG diploma, correct? Makes no sense. Should look at Masters programs.

When was his last TRV refused? If he applied back to back for a TRV and was refused then it looks like desperation. Now with study permit refusal, IRCC will feel that he is trying to move to Canada and stay. He is not a genuine student or visitor.

Look at immigration programs. Maybe he needs to take another degree in his home country and/or learn French. Has he submitted an EE profile too?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is no way for you to sponsor him.

If he wants to immigrate to Canada, then he will need to qualify independently through an economic immigration program like Express Entry or PNP.

For the study permit refusal, it may make sense for him to reapply if he can address the refusal reasons and strengthen his profile. Suggest he post to the International Students section of the forum, provide the refusal reasons and also his complete profile.

Reactions: YVR123